S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

18 rwhp increase with stock exhaust?

Old 02-23-2002, 06:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

!!!UPDATE!!!

After last weeks disappointing dyno numbers it bothered me that my car was getting such low numbers (179.2). After talking with a few people I decided to remove the Neuspeed exhaust. The reason I choose the exhaust first is because I just had to unbolt everything. Immediately I took it around the block and my friend said that he felt a noticeable difference.

Well today I took my car back to the same dyno. Surprisingly I got 197 rwhp. Nothing else was changed or modified in anyway with the exception of the exhaust.

This is a comparison with my max numbers last week and today. We don't know why the spike @ 6000 went so high. All the runs we did today had the same characteristics.

I am in no way saying that the Neuspeed is a bad exhaust. I was very satisfied with the sound, looks, and I thought it increase my power by a few horsepower. Maybe it is because I am at such a high altitude. Maybe the first day was just a bad day for a dyno run. Maybe it was bad gas. I don
Old 02-23-2002, 06:33 PM

i was hoping you could have dyno'd your stock exhaust, then unbolt it and dyno the neuspeed at the same day.
Old 02-24-2002, 03:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by mingster
i was hoping you could have dyno'd your stock exhaust, then unbolt it and dyno the neuspeed at the same day.
I agree this would have been the best conclusive testing method. There are simply too many variables in dynoing on different days.
Old 02-26-2002, 03:43 PM

Me and mingster would PAY you to do that test please
Old 02-26-2002, 03:44 PM

anyone know of any dyno's that have SHOWN an increase with the Neuspeed? Im still searching
....maybe its your AEM/neuspeed set up?
Old 02-26-2002, 11:47 PM

Originally posted by s2oooboy
Me and mingster would PAY you to do that test please
Really! PM me and I will send you my paypal info. For 100.00 I can do a few runs with the stock exhaust and then bolt on the Neuspeed and do a few runs with that.

Old 02-27-2002, 12:05 AM

Damn that sux...and I was thinking about gettting the Neuspeed exhaust too when I got my car...

Bryan
Old 02-27-2002, 03:20 AM

wow stock exhaust getting more power?? oh man, that sucks, haha I'll trade you my stock exhaust for your neuspeed!!
Old 02-27-2002, 07:07 AM

Now try replacing the stock intake and maybe you'll be at 205 rwhp
You should really try this and changing exhausts on the same day you dyno.
Old 02-27-2002, 07:18 AM

Kwando,

There is something strange here, and I'm not certain it's an exhaust issue.

I'm assuming that Powerhouse runs the Dynojet 247e inertia dyno, correct? Your dyno charts look like standard Dynojet software output. Judging by the curves, my first question is:

Did your dyno operator forget to apply the SAE correction factor for altitude and temperature to one of the dyno runs?

My second question is:
Did you dyno operator forget to stabilize engine temperature on one of the tests to ensure that engine temp was at least close between the two tests? As engine temperatures increase, the ECU is more likely to pull back ignition timing when any detonation occurs.

Finally, please email your mailing address. I will send you our dyno graphs originally generated from RedScorp's S2000 last summer. We conducted the before/after tests within one hour of each other and netted a 5hp gain with our system on the car. My email address is greg@neuspeed.com

Best Regards,
Greg Woo
NEUSPEED

Quick Reply: 18 rwhp increase with stock exhaust?