S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

161mph on I81 Wade bridge today. :o)

Old 03-26-2001, 12:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To Barry: AMEN!
Old 03-26-2001, 03:31 AM

I was reading the brochure from Honda which shows all the specs, and according to them the speedo can only go upto 156mph, and the car can only do 150mph,
so my question is how did you know you were doing 161mph? Or were you telling lies????

Anthony
Old 03-26-2001, 04:38 AM

Originally posted by Anthony
I was reading the brochure from Honda which shows all the specs, and according to them the speedo can only go upto 156mph, and the car can only do 150mph,
so my question is how did you know you were doing 161mph? Or were you telling lies????

Anthony

Obviously you do not own an S2K or know much about it. I don't own one yet either, (c'mon May!!) but have been in one and seen a video of one doing 153.
Old 03-26-2001, 05:39 AM

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts

That was a stupid comment/question. I do believe several people have seen higher numbers on the speedo on a chassis dyno...(speedo doesn't run off the front tires).

Scot

Anthony
Old 03-26-2001, 06:21 AM

Scot and Wake,

If you read my original comment, my main point is how can a speedo show over 161 when it is designed to show upto 156 ONLY no higher!

Also for your info I do own a S2000, Silver with Red, I take it track days and enjoy using the full power available, but not on public roads where one mistake could result in someones death - read the reply from the Doctor

Let face it guys, any prat that drives at those speeds on a public road deserves to go to jail before they kill someone. It is a personal comment that I have the right to express.

Anthony
Old 03-26-2001, 06:34 AM

I'm clueless about this tread. It seem to me that, you can go 200mph 300mph as long as you are using good words to defend your action. Then they'll gladly kiss your ass in disagreement.
Nick
Old 03-26-2001, 06:34 AM

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts

Anthony - it apparently is designed to go to at least the 161 that i saw... plus others overseas have seen higher #'s.

what you read was incorrect.

Scot

Scot and Wake,

If you read my original comment, my main point is how can a speedo show over 161 when it is designed to show upto 156 ONLY no higher!

Also for your info I do own a S2000, Silver with Red, I take it track days and enjoy using the full power available, but not on public roads where one mistake could result in someones death - read the reply from the Doctor

Let face it guys, any prat that drives at those speeds on a public road deserves to go to jail before they kill someone. It is a personal comment that I have the right to express.

Anthony
Old 03-26-2001, 07:10 AM

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm going to make a similar comment that I made on the S2000 vs 3000GT thread. Just because you have the right to say what you want, doesn't mean you HAVE to say what you have to say. I get tired of the old defense that I have the right to say whatever I want. Great, we all do, sometimes discretion is warranted though.

So some us think Scot was wrong, some don't care, and some find it perfectly ok. Everyone lives their own life, and have different opinions on what is right and wrong. If you knew you were going to get upset at this type of post, why read it. Just so you can get on your soapbox and sing to the choir how bad it is. Why!? Are you hoping that person will turn around and go, you know, you're right, I was stupid. It's not going to happen, so stop parenting, we all have parents, we don't need anymore.

Barry, I appreciate your story, it's a telling truth of what COULD happen if a person doesn't consider the consequences of their actions. It's unfortunate that two kids lives were ruined by another person's actions. And I appreciate that you will NEVER do what Scot did having seen first hand what kind of destruction can be caused by speed gone wrong. And some others MIGHT do the same because of your story. At least you are not sitting in your chair, just saying how bad Scot is for going so fast.

Also, about the speedo, it wouldn't make sense to me that Honda would cut it at 156mph considering it does double duty for km/h so I'm quite certain the speedo will go as high as you can take it.

ERIK
Old 03-26-2001, 08:55 AM

A mistake could easily result in your death.
Old 03-26-2001, 08:56 AM

A mistake could easily result in your death or the death of others on the track...it's just less likely to happen.

Quick Reply: 161mph on I81 Wade bridge today. :o)