S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

161mph on I81 Wade bridge today. :o)

Old 03-25-2001, 10:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Scuba Driver
[B]Typer_00,

Being a a**hole^2, lunatic^2, blah blah blah is something you are proud of?
Old 03-25-2001, 10:53 AM

I read every word. Just had my point of view to share. My point is, exactly what you said. "You will be you", for now! Learning from others point of view can help "us" get through the "stupid" (not name calling, BTW I include me in this group) phase of our lives quicker.

I hear ya man, just engage mind as soon as possible, for your sake, those that love you, and those around you...... Just my $.02
Old 03-25-2001, 11:05 AM
Former Moderator

Quite the mouth on you Typer765?, You'll soon realize we don't appreciate your attitude here. Might as well quit while you still have the choice.

As for me, I kinda use the old addage, Any one going slower then me is a jerk, anyone going faster is Feakin' Crazy!!!

I've read many of Scot's posts and If it is possible, I'm sure it was as safe as it could have been. The streets aren't the place to play, But it's gonna happen. For what it's worth I've taken every car I've owned to top speed once, and only once. After that I rest on the fact that any car is fast, and dangerous. All cars deserve respect.
A little heads up thinking can go a long way.

[Edited by Mindcore on 03-25-2001 at 12:11 PM]
Old 03-25-2001, 11:22 AM

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts

Thank you mindcore. I usually have some thought of NOT leaving my kids fatherless -although I haven't gotten the blood test to see if they are mine anyway

I do remember Grove innovations slogan;

"when the need for speed overcomes the fear of death". heheh.

O well.... I am just happy that one of my threads has made it to page 2 -of course 1/3 of the posts were from me

Scot

Originally posted by Mindcore
Quite the mouth on you Typer765?, You'll soon realize we don't appreciate your attitude here. Might as well quit while you still have the choice.

As for me, I kinda use the old addage, Any one going slower then me is a jerk, anyone going faster is Feakin' Crazy!!!

I've read many of Scot's posts and If it is possible, I'm sure it was as safe as it could have been. The streets aren't the place to play, But it's gonna happen. For what it's worth I've taken every car I've owned to top speed once, and only once. After that I rest on the fact that any car is fast, and dangerous. All cars deserve respect.
A little heads up thinking can go a long way.

[Edited by Mindcore on 03-25-2001 at 12:11 PM]
Old 03-25-2001, 11:29 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Scot
[B]Thank you mindcore. I usually have some thought of NOT leaving my kids fatherless -although I haven't gotten the blood test to see if they are mine anyway

I do remember Grove innovations slogan;

"when the need for speed overcomes the fear of death". heheh.

O well.... I am just happy that one of my threads has made it to page 2 -of course 1/3 of the posts were from me

Scot

jk, you have me to thank for that too scot heheh, hey we all go through this asshole stage(if you are human anyways) when i grow out of it, ill let you know!
Old 03-25-2001, 12:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Scot
Barry - I didn't even mess up my engine with all this abuse....like you did. ahahah
(that was a joke)

Scot

Good point!

My first engine managed to fail at 650 miles. I don't think I played much of a part in the matter. After my car got its new short block, the engine whispered in my ear, "Now I'll show you what I've got. Just get me past that second 600 mile break-in." and it did, Scot (huge grin).

Scot, I'm impressed. I'm even impressed with your hitting the rev limiter in reverse. I'm even more impressed with your manners.

I'm not impressed with YoungS2K's driving as HE documented, or Jon Corbitt's. Street racing on public highways is foolish.

Typer765 is pathetic.

You are a class act, Scot. I hope those three can learn something positive from you. I learn from you in every thread.

Barry
Old 03-25-2001, 01:18 PM
Banned

Well, there seems to be hope for a thread that was startin to fly out of control after all!

I think that Scot's 161 journey is fine...I'm sure that everyone by now knows his proclivity to speed. That shouldn't surprise anyone. You really need to differentiate between street racing, which this wasn't, and a high speed run in the middle of nowhere. I say go for it...but I WON'T say how fast I have driven. That invites the kind of treatment that Scot, IMO, didn't deserve on this thread.

And for those of you who wish to have moderator input or another forum set up for this kind of thing...I don't like the idea. I think there are too many forums already and Erik and I have talked about this...we are trying to figure something out to reduce the number. My only suggestion is when you see a thread entitled 161mph on I81 Wade bridge today. ) and you are one of those who offends easily on this kind of topic, then click elsewhere. Don't read it, just read another thread...

My 1673 Dannish Kroners worth...
Old 03-25-2001, 01:19 PM
Banned

Oh and Typer765 or whatever his name was is no longer an issue here, if you get my drift.

Old 03-25-2001, 01:43 PM

It's amazing how many hypocrites one thread can turn out. One minute, everyone is badgering someone else on how dangerous it is driving at a high rate of speed, then the VERY same people who preached on how idiotic and senseless it is, went on to kiss Scot's ass. Give me a break.
Old 03-25-2001, 02:51 PM

Hi Barry Wyoming,

I take it back. Your psychopath diagnosis of Scot's driving 161 on a public road works for me.

2x6spds

Quick Reply: 161mph on I81 Wade bridge today. :o)