S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

161mph on I81 Wade bridge today. :o)

Old 03-25-2001, 07:57 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I see people everyday that are talking on the phone and eating or yelling at the kids while at the wheel of an SUV in heavy traffic at over 75mph. I bet Scot was less at risk of causing a serious accident and injury than those half-wits.

Although the press and the authorities like to harp on the speeders, those are not the people that cause the majority of the tragic accidents on the road.. It is the people that are not focused on what they are doing.

Sounds like a good run to me.
Old 03-25-2001, 08:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by cdelena
I see people everyday that are talking on the phone and eating or yelling at the kids while at the wheel of an SUV in heavy traffic at over 75mph. I bet Scot was less at risk of causing a serious accident and injury than those half-wits.

Although the press and the authorities like to harp on the speeders, those are not the people that cause the majority of the tragic accidents on the road.. It is the people that are not focused on what they are doing.

Could not have said it any better myself!
Old 03-25-2001, 08:07 AM

Originally posted by cdelena

So true
Don
Old 03-25-2001, 08:33 AM

Received 5,800 Likes on 3,419 Posts

Common sense when driving is key here; more so, than the speed. I've driven 160mph on the highway in XKE in Germany. I was young. I was stupid. I look back now and think I was also Damn Lucky; 'cause I did a lot of stupid things with sports cars on public roads. Even so, I seldom drive the posted speed limits today; once outside the city or populated areas. I find I can't keep my concentration on driving if I'm driving too slow. But I'm constantly evaluating the conditions - other drivers, deer, road conditions, visability, time of day, . . . common sense! Trust me, if your common sense is working you will never drive an S2000 anywhere near limit on public roads at any time. Bragging rights are cool, but without common sense your a fool.
Old 03-25-2001, 08:38 AM

Originally posted by Scot
well.... since the speedo has numbers I can clearly see and read that part was easy.... the tach was in the 8's, but I have no idea.... i tried to snap off a poloroid, but i ended up spilling my drink before I could get the picture.

It's a sense of humor like this that makes this whole board so valuable. Keep it coming. . .
Old 03-25-2001, 08:59 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Barry WY Silver/Black '01
[B]
Originally posted by typer765
I don't see what the big fuss is about....I don't give a ****. It's all about the thrill; ...I'll race anyone, anytime, anywhere, and I can bet that you'll lose.
psy
Old 03-25-2001, 09:16 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dlq04
[B]Common sense when driving is key here; more so, than the speed.
Old 03-25-2001, 09:32 AM

Typer, in an earlier post didn't you say you were going to become a policeman. I think you better find another occupation. The last thing we need is someone like you trying to protect the public.
Old 03-25-2001, 09:58 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JPit
[B]Typer, in an earlier post didn't you say you were going to become a policeman.
Old 03-25-2001, 10:22 AM

Typer_00,

Being a a**hole^2, lunatic^2, blah blah blah is something you are proud of? Bet you have a lot of friends, NOT! People that think rash, in your face attitude is "Cool" or "bad" need to grow up.

You're 19-20 right? This behavior will change as you grow and have a family of your own (or at least I should hope so). Not flamming here, just think it is impossible for someone that is immature to see things like this objectively until they get THROUGH it. I don't think I ever had it as bad as you, but you will likely change quite a bit from your currently held position and beliefs as you grow up. It would be funny if you printed this enite post and several others that state your position and opinions NOW, then hand these threads to your 18-20 year old son/daughter to read when he presents shows attitude. You will not be so PROUD then! It is a humbling experience trust me......

Quick Reply: 161mph on I81 Wade bridge today. :o)