S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

161mph on I81 Wade bridge today. :o)

Old 03-25-2001, 04:33 AM

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts

well.... since the speedo has numbers I can clearly see and read that part was easy.... the tach was in the 8's, but I have no idea.... i tried to snap off a poloroid, but i ended up spilling my drink before I could get the picture.

Scot

[QUOTE]Originally posted by S2driftspec
[B]What rpm were you running at that speed?
Old 03-25-2001, 04:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't see what the big fuss is about. I've pinned every car I've ever owned several times without thinking twice. I was going to purchase an S2000 and would definitely go 161 or faster on one of the NJ highways around here, because I don't give a ****. It's all about the thrill; like someone previously stated, you don't buy an S2000 to drive within the limits. I drive a 1987 Toyota Celica as a hooptie and I'm constantly going over a 100 in it. I've gladly brought my 2000 VW GTI 1.8T to its tires speed rating several times, good thing I don't have Z rated tires on it yet. I'll race anyone, anytime, anywhere, and I can bet that you'll lose.
Old 03-25-2001, 05:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by typer765
I don't see what the big fuss is about....I don't give a ****. It's all about the thrill; ...I'll race anyone, anytime, anywhere, and I can bet that you'll lose.
psy
Old 03-25-2001, 05:27 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by s2ktaxi
[B]Lunacy and legality aside... The claims of an S2000 or any street car for that matter being better designed to handle 100+ mph than other cars is not a very valid argument.
1) kinetic energy goes up by velocity squared.
Old 03-25-2001, 05:30 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by gregstevens
[B][QUOTE]Originally posted by Sunchild
[b]Some of you seem to be forgetting that scot is a maniac.
Old 03-25-2001, 05:40 AM

Thanks Barry, couldn't have said it better myself.

typer765, "Don't Give a S***" about anyone else Crashing your car, killing yourself, and possibly a passager (given they volunteered to get in the car which they new you were going to drive wrecklessly), that is between you and the passenger. If that doesn't bother you than you have problems, however, if you can say without blinking an eye you don't care about killing someone and their family on the way to a store or a movie GET YOURSELF SOME PROFESSIONAL HELP!

This thread is going down hill. I'm out! And besides this is not the topic or attitude I'm used to seeing on that board. I think I'll skip threads like this in the future. It is troubling to see those with "I'm all that matters in this world attitude"!

[Edited by Scuba Driver on 03-25-2001 at 06:44 AM]
Old 03-25-2001, 06:31 AM

Originally posted by Scot:
The man was on my side today.? I know it wasn't smart, but I never claimed to be smart either.
This reminds me of the story of the guy who had a terrible wreck and proclaimed to the first passerby who inquired about his health, "The lord was ridin' with me!"

Upon hearing this, the passerby replied, "Well, you better let him ride with me, you're gonna kill him!"

BE CAREFUL!
Old 03-25-2001, 06:55 AM

I am a pediatrician, a doctor for kids. I practice medicine in Sheridan, Wyoming.

On a Sunday afternoon in May, 1996, just after high school graduation, a freshly minted Sheridan High School graduate was showing off his driving skills to some friends. All had been drinking. The driver managed, quite skillfully, to get his new Dodge Ram 1/2 ton pickup up to 70 mph in a 30 mph zone in town.

He kept full control of the vehicle, ran a stop sign, and t-boned a Ford Taurus carrying a family of four headed for the Sunday matinee. The pickup's driver never applied the brakes. The two little girls sitting in the back seat, properly restrained, were my patients. The pick-up smashed into the left rear door, instantly killing the five year old girl, and causing life-threatening injuries to the seven year old girl. I pronounced the five year old dead at our emergency room, 1/2 mile from the accident. I took care of the seven year old in the emergency room and transferred her by helicopter to a bigger hospital in a bigger city She survived the accident, was in a coma for two months, and is permanently disabled.

The driver was convicted of vehicular homicide and went to prison.

I see the parents and their kids every couple months. The seven year old girl (now eleven) takes anti-seizure medicine every day as an after-effect from this accident. She is in special education and receives rehab services.

Exploring the limits of our excellent sports cars is a lot of fun. Racing, driving recklessly on public highways, demonstrating speed, drag racing all dramatically increase the chance that someone will be injured or killed. There's a time and a place and I don't think typer765 or YoungS2K or Jon Corbett have the judgment to be licensed to drive.

It sounds like YoungS2K will lose his pretty soon anyway since he said he is only one ticket away. That shouldn't take too long. YoungS2K just posted these revealing facts in another thread, "I just turned 19 last week...My insure is Allstate around 1500-6 months. That's pretty good if you look at my records. 6 tickets (this year alone). 2 speeding, 2 stop sign, 1 red light, 1 racing. AND 5 accidents, 2 major ones."

I love reading almost everything in all forums on this board. If you expect me to be silent when you brag about risking innocent people's lives, I won't. Deal with it.

[Edited by Barry WY Silver/Black '01 on 03-25-2001 at 08:15 AM]
Old 03-25-2001, 07:30 AM

So are you admitting there is a time and place for exploiting a cars limits other than the time and places I choose? I'd appreciate it if you can tell me when and where they exist you hypocrite. Further, I don't involve other drivers or passengers during these -insert what ever you want here- 'acts'. There is a time and place for everything and I am lucky to have found somewhere that the two co-exist during my trip home from work.
Old 03-25-2001, 07:31 AM

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts

You guys are taking this way too far... it was fun, i was in control (i have driven over 200,000miles with 1 very minor bumper scrap accident 14years ago), I have been to the track numerous times, and somehow i have not had any tickets for anything for over 8 years now.

Although sincere, I don't think some "parent" like comments made here is going to stop anyone who is known to drive like a lunatic (which by the way, I do not... i just drive fast... no weaving, no tailgating, no road rage, etc.....i do blow kisses at people who try and piss me off though)

Barry - I didn't even mess up my engine with all this abuse....like you did. ahahah
(that was a joke)

Scot

Quick Reply: 161mph on I81 Wade bridge today. :o)