S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

161mph on I81 Wade bridge today. :o)

Old 03-26-2001, 09:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Young S2K, if you can't tell the difference between what you did and what Scot did, then, as you said, you are clueless about this thread.

You have six tickets and two major wrecks in two years. Scot has no tickets and no major wrecks in eight years.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by YoungS2K
[B]I'm clueless about this tread.
Old 03-26-2001, 12:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Scot, as one who has in his younger days been caught by a helicopter speeding across the Wade bridge and clocked at 114 ( the second white line was just before the front street exit going north so I was definately slowing down), I know of what you speak. I was young, cocky, single, no kids and had nothing to lose and the consequences of what may happen if I wrecked would have never crossed my mind for a second. Today with wife, kids, business I have way too much to lose to take that same risk today. Life is dangerous but you can always try to minimize the risks you take, and saving that kind of speed for the track would surely be one way. Was doing 161 really worth the consequences of what might have happened? Is doing steroids worth the future risk of health problems just so you look good? Not bustin on you just trying to make you think twice before attempting this again of public roads.
Old 03-26-2001, 12:53 PM

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts

Do you still live in the area? You definately know where I was talking about. I did look up for planes before the run. <joke> I had my seat belt on. I may wear my helmet next speed run. </joke>

Scot

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dbs2k
[B]Scot, as one who has in his younger days been caught by a helicopter speeding across the Wade bridge and clocked at 114 ( the second white line was just before the front street exit going north so I was definately slowing down), I know of what you speak.
Old 03-26-2001, 12:57 PM
Banned

I'm going to bet that Scot doesn't regret for one second his 161 mph journey...he does, however, regret that he posted about it here!

I never would have expected this thread to be as long as it is...and been all over the map like it has become.

Scot lived, no one was hurt...it's overwith.

Also, I'm still trying to find a racetrack that you can fully open up the S2000 on. Even on Road America, I only hit about 125...!

Old 03-26-2001, 01:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From the Jury Box during a wrongful death law suit, I saw the consequences from a foolish move on the road. You should have seen the widow and the children as the wedding video played for the Jury's benefit.

It is foolish to think that no one will be effected if something happens to you.

Keep taking outragious risks and eventually you will tear up the car and, as the car gets a reputation for being owned by wreckless drivers, the insurance companies will adjust premimums up for every S2000 owner - even those cheering from the roadside.

We as a humans have come a long way from when it was every man for himself. Living in a society intails certain responsibilities. Driving 161 mph is irresponsible.

Do me a favor, if any of you guys decide to head south and pull one of these stunts, let me know, so I can keep my family off the road.
Old 03-26-2001, 02:28 PM
Banned

Locked per Scot's request...

Be careful out there, boys and girls...