S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

'08 stripped CR at Concord, CA Honda

Old 12-27-2008, 07:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As I see it, the problem with getting a CR without AC is that it would commit me to a track-only car, but it still needs work to be a serious W2W track car (gears, roll cage, seat/harness, exhaust, splitter). If I wanted to go that direction with an S2000, I'd save $12k and get an AP2 a couple years old. I'd do the same above mods plus hard top/springs/struts/sway bars and be dollars ahead. I would have to pull the rag top, AC and sound system to be on the same weight level as the CR, so a bit more work.

However, a CR with AC wouldn't have to be a track-only car, as I could drive it during our hot West Coast summers. I'm not a "wing/aero" kinda guy, though
Old 12-27-2008, 08:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The CR is in a niche of low production, specific purpose vehicles. If you judge desirability based on sheer production numbers then you should buy a Civic and dream about holding your value in the years to come. The CR is a low production vehicle, thus enhancing its overall value in the long run by exclusivity alone. This is proven time and time again with many other low production cars. The average buyer in the years to come will be able to find an S any day of the week. As time goes on not everyone looking for a CR will find one, simply because of rarity. S=short term value due to mass appeal, CR=long term value due to exclusivity.
Old 12-28-2008, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Greg W' date='Dec 27 2008, 01:49 AM
He said he'd "dump" it for $30k, and would throw in the hardtop cart as well. I haven't priced a NorCal S2000 since I bought mine in '05 for $29.8k, so don't know how competitive this price is. I think they're very motivated, so if you're in the market, you might be able to talk them down even more.

Hope this helps someone...
The funny thing about this post is the comment about "throwing in" the hardtop? A HT is standard equipment on the CR. Otherwise it wouldn't have a roof at all...
Old 12-29-2008, 01:36 AM

Dude, looks like you are up a little to late reading this... He said that a HT Cart would be thrown in......
Old 12-29-2008, 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by chickdr' date='Dec 29 2008, 01:33 AM
The funny thing about this post is the comment about "throwing in" the hardtop? A HT is standard equipment on the CR. Otherwise it wouldn't have a roof at all...
Look at what he wrote, he said the hardtop cart. I'm assuming that's the Honda hardtop stand they sell as an accessory.

I do agree a bit with the others that many years down the line, the CR will probably hold more value than a standard S2000 only because of rarity. How much more, that's up in the air.

I also probably would've bought one had it come with a softtop.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:34 AM

You're right, it's the hardtop cart they'll throw in. Black hardtop is already on it.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:46 AM
CG

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

There was a guy at our last meet that was picking up a new CR with A/C and radio for 27K from a dealer in ATL. Hell of a deal.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:49 AM

20 years from now, when we're all passengers on wind-powered buses tacking and jibing through commute traffic, I bet the best two S2ks sought after by old school collectors would be the original MY2000 AP1 (yellow) and the stripped CR (blue). Each selling at Barrett Jackson for 25k euros (which President Tiger Woods has installed as the North America currency, replacing the gold standard US dollar). However, we won't get to see the auction live due to ESPN 8 (the OCHO!) interrupting it's broadcast with Brett Farve's latest retirement announcement from NFL's LA franchise the USC Trojans.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:52 AM

CR looses it's value to most people due the fact that it does not have power top.

it is a niche market and while may hold it's value, the value people put on it from the beginning is low.

most people who buy S2k's don't have the luxary to own multiple cars to have a dedicated weekend car. S2k's prices is not in that regon
Old 12-29-2008, 09:42 AM
CG

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Greg W' date='Dec 29 2008, 10:49 AM
20 years from now, when we're all passengers on wind-powered buses tacking and jibing through commute traffic, I bet the best two S2ks sought after by old school collectors would be the original MY2000 AP1 (yellow) and the stripped CR (blue). Each selling at Barrett Jackson for 25k euros (which President Tiger Woods has installed as the North America currency, replacing the gold standard US dollar). However, we won't get to see the auction live due to ESPN 8 (the OCHO!) interrupting it's broadcast with Brett Farve's latest retirement announcement from NFL's LA franchise the USC Trojans.
That was pretty funny, good job! One thing though. Yellow wasn't available in the US until 2001. I wanted yellow but 9 years ago today I signed papers for a Silverstone instead of waiting to see if they would bring it in.

Quick Reply: '08 stripped CR at Concord, CA Honda