S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

04 buying info.

Old 04-09-2004, 06:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 buying info.

Hello everyone,

I am considering selling my 04 STi in favor of a 04 S2k. I know with the sites I frequent a lot of dealers advertise invoice, or below invoice pricing. Are there any dealers that are large and offer similar dealers for S2000's? Also, if anyone has had an experience buying an 04 and paying close to invoice I'd like to hear about it.

Thanks for any advice!
Old 04-09-2004, 06:35 AM

Wait it out a little while, you are going to have to suck up some serious $$$ to do the switch, if you have got it...go for it, but it will probably be a nice size chunk of change.
Old 04-09-2004, 06:49 AM

Why do you say that?
Old 04-09-2004, 09:04 AM
Banned

Depreciation on the Sti. You lost alot of money on it right when you drove it off the lot...
Old 04-09-2004, 12:56 PM

I'm curious as to why you've changed your mind about the STi. Is the ugliness of the car wearing on you?
Or did you get transferred to someplace with ideal convertible weather?

But seriously, what makes you rethink your STi purchase? Is there something that you don't like about it?
Old 04-09-2004, 07:44 PM

Hi Honda,

I wouldn't go so far as to say ugly! It's beautiful in it's own unique way.

As to the reasoning though, couple of interesting and unique reasons. Let me start off by saying I shouldn't have gotten a 4 door. I am the proverbial bitch when it comes to caravaning people around, especially at work during lunches. I don't have a need for a 4 door, I just didn't have the option.

The STi is a beast. I haven't been in any car yet that has as much power as it has on tap, anytime you need it. That is actually the second reason I shouldn't have it: it's too much power to responsibly handle. I have found myself many times in situations where I should have been in jail! Ok so maybe that's not #2 in order, but it is a factor.

So onto #3. It's not the easiest of drivers. Every shift is a jolting teeth grinding experience. That's the nature of AWD I understand, but my WRX didn't seem some abrupt. I just don't enjoy it. In stark comparison, I drove my friends VTEC Del Sol to work the other day and I just had an absolute blast. It took me back to my Type-R / turbo Teg days, and much much more.

I'm really pleased with Subaru. They build a fine car, a great motor and have a easy to use interior. But, I think I'm finding myself a Honda loyalist. I crave VTEC. There is just nothing more beautiful to me. Call me crazy!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Honda 224 GTS
I'm curious as to why you've changed your mind about the STi.
Old 04-09-2004, 10:22 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by evoklr
Hi Honda,

I wouldn't go so far as to say ugly!
Old 04-10-2004, 10:17 AM

well put, I may be taking a 4k loss in a few months, just to get in an my04
Old 04-10-2004, 12:11 PM

Can't tell you how good this makes me feel in terms of knowing I'm not the only one out there who would take the loss for a great gain! I test drove the s2k today, I must tell you I'm in love, what a fun car to drive.
Old 04-11-2004, 08:45 AM

So, I was hoping to get a little more info. still on pricing. I found a dealer up here who offered 1200 over invoice. Most of the others are still marking up. As for those who got a great deal, like invoice or a couple of hundred over, how did you do it?

THANKS!

Quick Reply: 04 buying info.