S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

@#^%& HAIL!

Old 04-25-2005, 04:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UPDATE: Looks like i'm going the PDR route -- $1200 to do the whole car. However, after browsing this forum, I found this new THREAD. I'm somewhat less optimistic about this procedure now.
Old 04-25-2005, 07:35 PM

Maybe it will not be difficult on your car. Remember if the Insurance company is insisting on PDR, then they have to return it to satisfactory condition. I would disscuss, with the Insurance company, what their backup plan is, if this doesn't work. If PDR is your choice, I am not sure what your backup options are. I would still pick PDR over replacement of panels and repaint due to difficulty of color match, if it were me. FWIW, my limited experience with PDR has been positive. Hope it goes well.
Old 04-26-2005, 10:51 AM

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by fins4284,Apr 25 2005, 06:39 PM
UPDATE: Looks like i'm going the PDR route -- $1200 to do the whole car. However, after browsing this forum, I found this new THREAD. I'm somewhat less optimistic about this procedure now.
Hope it turns out ok ...i know i would have a hard time dealing with this too.....

By the way im right down the road from you in Moselle.....PM me if you get time....
Old 04-28-2005, 04:19 PM

UPDATE#2 State Farm guys looked my car over and estimated the hail damage to be around $2400 - less $250 deductible = $2150 check to me. They allowed for replacement hood; repair and paint trunk lid and all four quarter panels.

DILEMMA: Should I PDR the whole car and pocket the remainder of the money? Or PDR trunk lid/quarter panels and get NEW hood - maybe even CF hood? Am I risking paint won't match (Rio Yellow)?

Advice needed, please.....
Old 04-28-2005, 06:29 PM

anybody?
Old 04-28-2005, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by fins4284,Apr 23 2005, 07:50 AM
Hail pulvarized my car last night. Hood, trunk, top of quarter panels (I have no covered parking). Thank god for the soft top. Car is 3 weeks old.

For you insurance experts, do you think body part replacement or repair (from those dent repair guys or the dry ice trick) is in order? As new as the car is, I should demand replacement. What are your experiences?

Thanks in advance. I'm so bummed out
yo dude,

That sucks. Been an avid fan of the "weather channel" for several years for exactly this reason -- almost exactly one year ago, I took the wife's Durango to work in place of the S due to a weather report. It got pounded with hail (totalled, in fact) while the S was parked in the home garage.

My condolences.
Old 04-29-2005, 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by THES2KWAY,Apr 24 2005, 04:50 PM
Sorry to hear it fin, Bad weather went north and south of my town. South Mississippi sure has had a lot of hail in the past 2 months. I narrowly missed it twice, around the first of April. Hope everything is fixed to your satisfaction.
Mississippi does get a hell of alot of hail (No pun)...I was on lunch break about a month ago...(Just got the car that week) and saw small hail start to fall...Everytime one would hit the windsheild I would cringe...But no damage occured thankfully

Sorry to hear about your s2000 getting nailed...that sucks...Best of wishes with the repair

BTW what part of MS are you from Thes2kway?...I'm from Tupelo...Send me a PM...Maybe we can get a few s2k's on the highway going to the SESM if you're down.
Old 04-29-2005, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Silver_S2000,Apr 29 2005, 05:58 AM
Mississippi does get a hell of alot of hail (No pun)...I was on lunch break about a month ago...(Just got the car that week) and saw small hail start to fall...Everytime one would hit the windsheild I would cringe...But no damage occured thankfully

Sorry to hear about your s2000 getting nailed...that sucks...Best of wishes with the repair

BTW what part of MS are you from Thes2kway?...I'm from Tupelo...Send me a PM...Maybe we can get a few s2k's on the highway going to the SESM if you're down.
thanks. i'm not Thes2kway but fins4284. i'm from Laurel. let me know when the MS contingent gets together.
Old 04-29-2005, 02:38 PM

My new car just got pulverized by hail. It even broke the windshield. The dent wizzard people made it look like new. I took digital pictures of the before and now I can't find a single dent. It looks like there are some minor scratches on the hood, but I'm not sure if they made them or not. Anyway, I'm taking it back and having them buff it out. The car was 8 days old. I took it to the dealer and they offered me $6500 less than what I paid for it. It ended up costing me $500 in deductible and the total bill was less than $1500 not including the windshield. The event will show up on car fax though.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:18 PM

so you're saying out of pocket was $500 and $1000 paid by insurance including windsheild? that's a great deal. mine is 500 OOP and 1800 insurance. but the bodyshop is only gonna charge what insurance is paying. no windsheild damage on mine.

your PDR experience gives me hope. the only thing they are worried about is a hail ding on the rear quarter panel crease, beside the passenger seat back location.

encoreman where are you located?

Quick Reply: @#^%& HAIL!