S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

!= (_)

Old 06-05-2001, 02:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They didn't give me my radio code during delivery. Now I need my radio code because my battery died and the anti-theft requires it. I called the service department and told them I needed my radio code. They said they don't have it on file and would need to take out my radio and get the serial number to get the radio code, and this costs $79.99. I called today and said I already removed my radio to get the serial number, so couldn't I just give them the serial number and a proof of ownership for the radio code? NO! I have to pay them $79.99 still. Why? No explanation. Maybe because they suck. I called Bernardi's Honda in Natick, MA and asked them if they could help me. They said if I already pulled out the radio and got the serial number they would look up my radio code for free, I just have to be there to show I actually owned the car. I'm never going back to Herb Chambers for service again, because they are punks. And that's the end of my rant.
Old 06-05-2001, 03:43 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts

Did you check the secret compartment? I can't tell you exactly where it is because well......its a secret!
Old 06-05-2001, 03:48 PM

yup...and shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...to keep it a secret, don't even mention it anymore...

p.s. Herb Chambers can suck my balls...
Old 06-05-2001, 03:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no where in the packets at all? hmmmm, I had a copilot with me that knew about the radio code stickers and she had to ask for them.
Old 06-05-2001, 04:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd write a nice letter to AHM explaining that you weren't given the codes at delivery and that the dealer continues to try to milk you for more money. If you want that dealer to have to truly answer for this, that should do it.
Old 06-05-2001, 04:36 PM

Now that is poor customer service! Did you speak with the service manager?

BTW. I highly recommend Bernardi's for service. It's sometimes difficult to get an appointment but their techs are very good and they always treat customers with respect.
Old 06-06-2001, 05:27 AM

Jigga...

Sorry for your bad experience with Herb Chambers. That is no way to treat customers. You will have better luck with Bernardi's as you already know.

Check your PM's... I just sent you one.
Old 06-06-2001, 05:31 AM

Did you look in your delivery package for the Radio ID card? Who was your salesperson? I know some of the salespeople will keep track of your codes for situations like this.
Old 06-06-2001, 06:04 AM

Received 92 Likes on 64 Posts

Sorry to hear about your current situation.

That is why I refer to the dealership as high price Herb.

I will say that I have had my car there for all its work so far and they have taken very good care of me (I can't beat an oil change for under $14).

Let's face it , service is a profit center for the dealer.
If you purchased the car from them you are entitled to the code (IMO at no charge). If you can't get them to come to bat for you and you don't want to pull the radio, go over to Sound in Motion. I figure they would charge much less.

A call to regional may smooth things out (860) 623-1950
x4 Joyce Farr is extremely nice to work with.

Best of luck
Old 06-06-2001, 09:11 AM

Herb Chambers is the largest dealership of cars in New England (there must be a reason).

When I stopped by for the first time (at Herb Chambers Honda in Burlington) to actually see the S2000 up close, the "Market Adjustment" on their showroom Silver car was $3000. When I went back to test drive 3 months later, it was $7500!

I asked about the $3000 adjustment and they told me that it has never been $3000. This was the start of a stupid but long argument on whether the car was ever $3000 over sticker. They REFUSED to admit that the car was ever only $3000 over MSRP. I still can't understand why they wouldn't just admit this simple fact in the first place.

Needless to say, I signed for MSRP 2 weeks later at Cambridge Honda.

IMO, all Herb Chambers is over-priced. JMHO. Try Commonwealth or Bernardi.

Quick Reply: != (_)