S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

This $5000 Box Sure Is Small!

Old 08-08-2001, 09:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Supercharger got here today. It sure comes in a smaller box than I thought. Haven't opened it yet. I think I'll make that a special occasion. I'm going to put another 1800 miles on the S (for a total of 3500) before breaking out the tools. I may set the box in the trunk and see how much boost that gives! This is the most I've been jazzed about a car project in many years. The last time was when I installed the Superchip in a Vette. This is a little bigger project don't you think? This will be my second car with a supercharger. I had a T-Bird SuperCoupe. Have owned a couple of turbo'd vehicles. These are exciting times!
Old 08-08-2001, 09:34 AM

Felt the same way. If you take all the stuff outta the big box it ALL fits in the truck..now thats small!
Old 08-08-2001, 11:37 AM

When I ordered, I asked Comptech. "Is the box small enough to fit in my trunk so I can take it to the dealership, or should I have it delivered there?" They told me it was small enough...wrong. I had trouble just driving it from the apartment office to my apartment, I was so sure it was going to fall out. So, like voodoo said, you'll have to take it all out to fit it in the trunk. Just an FYI for everyone out there who uses the Stook as their daily racer, I mean driver.

Wesmaster
Old 08-08-2001, 12:29 PM

Originally posted by Wesmaster
...Just an FYI for everyone out there who uses the Stook as their daily racer, I mean driver.Wesmaster
Hey Wesmaster, if that's really you in your avatar, maybe I should be asking what the guy in the yellow S is running? I hope I didn't waste my money!

Just kidding. I'm sure you gave him/her that many lengths to make it a fair race.
Old 08-08-2001, 12:41 PM

garyj...

you going to install the sc'r yourself or are you getting someone to do it...would love to take a test drive when your done....let's definitely hook up for coffee...i've got your office #....good luck with it....i'm sure you will have no problem putting those miles on the car soon....

blake
Old 08-08-2001, 01:33 PM

Originally posted by Garyj
...I'm sure you gave him/her that many lengths to make it a fair race.

Everyone knows I don't race other S2000s

Wesmaster
Old 08-08-2001, 01:55 PM

Originally posted by bullit
garyj...

you going to install the sc'r yourself or are you getting someone to do it...would love to take a test drive when your done....blake
I'm still debating on that one. If I can rent/borrow the pulley removal tool then I may do it myself. If I can't find the tool then St. Andres will do it - I understand they do great work. I've driven in the Comptech car and that was what sold me. As soon as we got back in the shop I asked, "Who takes orders?" And, yep, coffee would be fine. Give me a days notice if you can. Tues after noon, and Wed-Thurs are best for my schedule.
Old 08-08-2001, 02:02 PM

Weseloh Honda in South OC has installed a bunch of them. They also have a Dyno
Old 08-08-2001, 08:48 PM

Ask your local dealer if you can borrow the tool. I told mine I am planning a SC install, and the guy offered to lend it to me without hesitation. (I'll have Modacar install it... I can only handle paper...)

It doesn't hurt to ask.
Old 08-08-2001, 08:58 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sparky
[B]Ask your local dealer if you can borrow the tool.

Quick Reply: This $5000 Box Sure Is Small!