S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

WOW, what a race(3 cars)

Old 06-19-2003, 07:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chiung
[B]
Autocrossing favors torque and lot's of grippy rubber, something the Corvette has in spades.
Old 06-19-2003, 07:44 AM

Originally posted by carrrnuttt
The data in the link above is not working.

Anyhow, here's an example:

http://www.speedventures.net/event_results...results=OA&s=lt

You'll notice where the Corvette is that's closest to the top. That 1972 Corvette is even below a stock-engined Sentra...
A '72 Corvette beats a Z06 and you think it's the CAR making the difference? A Z06 gets beat by a SENTRA? Please tell me you don't think this is a fair comparison!

I'm looking for SCCA results of S2000's vs C5's, but since they're in entirely different classes, it's proving to be difficult. The SV link is, IMHO, not a good comparison of the car. In THIS region, on THIS specific day, the S2000's (especially that uber-modified S) seems to prevail. Based on the fact that a Z06 got beat by a SENTRA, I can't help be think the drivers in these races were not equal (call me crazy... ) Generally speaking, the SCCA nationals results (for Solo II) show similar driver abilites- unlike this SV link.
Old 06-19-2003, 07:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sorry about the bad link...

fluffy, I was trying to inject some balance into the thread, Umrswimr's post could give some the impression that Vette's spank S's.

I have no experience with either auto-x or road courses, so I can't speculate as to why the S fares better than 'vette's on some road courses, but I did want to share the link.
Old 06-19-2003, 08:22 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Umrswimr
[B]

A '72 Corvette beats a Z06 and you think it's the CAR making the difference?
Old 06-19-2003, 11:07 AM

I bet the Viper that finished behind the Sentra and all those S2ks wasn't a happy camper though...
Actually, I bet he doesn't care- he's driving a Viper. They're driving a Sentra. You can always become a better driver, but you'll never make a Sentra or an S2000 better than a Viper.
Old 06-19-2003, 04:04 PM

[B]
Old 06-19-2003, 04:29 PM

[B]
Old 06-20-2003, 06:18 AM

I was talking about him being dissappointed in his/the car's performance.
That's fine- but I'm sure he realizes that the performance limitation is HIM, not the car. Most people know where their cars are in the food chain- if you get beat by a SERIOUSLY inferior car, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that it's not the car's fault.

Man...I don't even know how the Viper guy is...I guess I'll never know...so I guess you're being a snot to make up for him, huh? Just in case?
How so? Because I stated that the Viper is a better car than the S2000 or the Sentra? Or that the Viper guy doesn't care? The simple fact is, there's a certain joy that comes from owning a car- that's why we buy them. If you got SMOKED by a $8000 '92 Sentra, would you be "disappointed"? Not really- you'd know that A) you need practice, B) your car IS faster, and C) Your car is nicer.
It's the same for every car. When you beat a Boxster in the 1/4, do you really think he cares so much? Not really. If I happen to whip a Viper (however unlikely THAT may be), do you thik he'd care? No- he's driving a nicer, faster car. Maybe he can't utilize it to it's full potential, but he doesn't necessarily have to, does he?

there IS a way you can make a Sentra or S2000 BETTER than a Viper...BEAT A VIPER ON A TRACK
That doesn't make the Sentra or the S2000 better- it makes the DRIVER better. Difference.
Old 06-20-2003, 11:34 AM

[B]
Old 06-24-2003, 11:32 PM

As for the M3, the power never changed during that last generation body style right? I believe it was a constant 240 horse.
right, all e36 M3s were 240 hp. S2K's and M3's are pretty damn close, but you would need a perfect launch to beat them off the from a dead stop. They have LOTS more torque than the S2000 (Forget exact amount. somewhere in the 225 range i believe). Ive raced some of my friends M3's in my S2000 and have never beaten them from a stop, but weve had some real good races from a roll and on highway.

oh yeah M3's are Inline 6 not V6

Quick Reply: WOW, what a race(3 cars)