S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Why are mustangs so greatly hated?

Old 12-01-2001, 01:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the SVT cobras and think they are a great bang for the buck also. I have a friend that has a stock looking cobra with a Novi 2000 sc @ 15 psi dynos 578 rwhp. Now thats a sleeper. Most of the neg comments are usually driver related not car specific. The usual attitude of the young mustang driver..is Yea I got a V8 and "Im the king of the road."(with my killer exhaust note) I'll blow you away.......Thats why I like killing them. Nothing like seeing the face of the SVT driver that has his foot to the metal and driving by him as he helplessly cant go any faster. The last driver I did that to.. jaw dropped...then screamed you got nos...I casually said no with a big grin... TURBO....yea thats right more HP than you and a 1000lbs less weight....Pow another victum.

* I also own a Ford F150 MK III and a Navigator so I definatly like The Ford products...they have been reliable
Old 12-01-2001, 02:23 PM

Having owned numerous Mustangs (see my signature) and several Hondas, I can give you a pretty good guess. The Mustang has been around since 1964.......that comes with alot of nostalgia and heritage. It was America's first pony car and a true contender in the Muscle Car wars of the sixties and seventies. Mustangers are generally brand loyal and of the "Buy American" mentality. To them, there is no replacement for a V8, and to be beaten by a 4 cylinder, let alone a foreign one, is unthinkable. This mentality has been translated to foreign car owners since they have become competitive in racing. It's essentially territorial in nature. In response, those of us with "rice rockets" feel exonerated when we can beat up on a Mustang, Camaro or whatever. I consider myself an enthusiast first and foremost, and can set aside any prejudice to appreciate different automobiles. About 10 years ago, Ford was considering the car which became the Probe as the next Mustang. With a Mazda powerplant, the outcry was deafening!!! No way was a Japanese motor going into "America's favorite fun car". The mentality probably goes all the way back to Pearl Harbor, for that matter. Like I said, I think it comes down to territory. Just my opinion...................
Old 12-01-2001, 03:17 PM

Anyplace cars gather there are "car guys" and "brand guys". I don't quite understand the brand guy but I've come to accept (and mostly ignore) him.

No one who is breathing, has half a love for cars, and has driven a Cobra could possibly hate it.
Old 12-01-2001, 03:33 PM

I agree with what XIB18c1 said
Old 12-01-2001, 04:55 PM

i certainly love the svt cobra and the cobra r but i hate
the owners of mustangs
Old 12-01-2001, 08:40 PM

I own an S2000 and a Ford. There is nothing wrong with Fords. It is an American pride thing. Ford is American. When a japanese car comes into the picture it turns into a race thing. Regardless of the race of the driver it turns into a "why are you driving a jap car?" You can't beat an American car simply because it is American. Seriously, that is what it is all about. I have respect for anything fast. American is muscle and Japanese is performance. I have owned both American muscle (68 Plymouth Roadrunner w/ 383 magnum) and Japanese (Honda). It's more of a choice to me that I wanted a 2 seater performance car. There was awhile that I doubted American cars and their reliability. My Ford has taken me through thick and thin and I love it, but so has my Japanese car. The Japanese love the idea of performing along with the American cars at a better reliability rate and they are just that, more reliable. You also have to realize that any young highschool punk can afford a mustang. They have an attitude about it sometimes and the rice boys don't help that scenario one bit. Mustangs have been around since the 60's and continue to be muscle at a very low cost. I can respect that. It comes down to a matter of choice and what each individual prefers. Americans pride themselves on their cars and what they can do, but competition will always prevail in what is faster and who can make it the fastest. They both compete on a similar level but in a straight line, I would give it to American muscle. For driving fun I give it to the Japanese and the foreign market. The foreginers build extremely well handling machines and Americans build fast straight line cars. Before getting flames with Supras can beat Vipers, you have to remember the fastest piston driven machine on the planet belongs to Team Budweiser and its monster nitrous dragster rail driven by Kenny Bernstein (that may have changed, but I have seen him drive a 308 mph 3.4 second quater mile at the Texas Motorplex). I have never seen anything so awesome as a dragster go from 0-100 mph in 1 second!!!!!

As for my S2000, I love it and have the most fun I have had driving a well handling performance car.
Old 12-02-2001, 01:15 AM

Originally posted by gpiazza
It's not Mustangs. It's FORD, I don't like their products.

FORD = Fix Or Repair Daily
FORD = Found On the Road Dead
etc.
Hehe i love acronyms about FORD

FORD = Fail on Race Day
FORD = Round on Rubbish Dumps
Found On Roadside Dead

FORD = F***ed On Race Day

FORD = F****** Old Rusty Dustbin

FORD = Factory Ordered Road Disasters

FORD = Flip Over, Read Directions

FORD = Four Old Rusty Doors

FORD = For Only Retarded Drivers

FORD = Flipped Over Russian Dunebuggy

FORD = For Off-Road Dead

FORD = it Freaking Only Runs Downhill

FORD = Found On Railroad Deserted

Did i mention i dont like fords?

I SHould Say in Australia Only have like 200 Specially imported ones that sell for over $100,000 Australian or about $50,000+US Ripped off...

Having hired a V6 Mustang when in america i can tell you now, very dissapointed with the build quality. The Dash was generic and the 'feel' of everything well was lacking....

I have nothing against the drivers of FORD's but as always there's two sides to the debate, the chevy/GM vs FORD and in australia Ford v Holden, Go the Holdens But that's why i'm sorta neutral with Honda's
Old 12-02-2001, 09:35 AM

Originally posted by AzNRocKet
the owners of mustangs
YEA I hate Mustang owners too And I also hate the owners of blue 1981 Chevettes..............yea...........and don't forget people who wear green hats...............I hate all of them................yea.........that's right.....plenty of hate to go around
Old 12-02-2001, 09:46 AM

Originally posted by AzNRocKet
the owners of mustangs
This is the most bullshit statement i have ever heard. Do you know every single mustang owner on the face of the earth? is that how you can make that statement? I have had more guys in civics give me the finger and act like jack-asses when they see my car then mustang owners. Should I hate all civic owners too? Maybe one asain guy i met was an asshole once...should i hate all asain guys? Hey I saw a black guy selling drugs once.... Iguess all black people are drug dealers. Don't embarrass yourself by posting on here any more.
Old 12-02-2001, 10:41 AM

ITs not all mustang owners and its just not mustangs, Its people who only respect the kinda car they drive and dont aprreciate other cars. For example i go to the drag strip and i always here alot of get those 4 cylinders outta here or just alot of doubt about how a honda can be a performer.I love cars not just h0ndas or japanese cars. It just seems that alot of domestic fans only appreciate domestics and that makes me thing there ignorant... just a thought

Quick Reply: Why are mustangs so greatly hated?