S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

why can't i find

Old 05-14-2007, 04:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why can't i find

i don't know if this is the right forum for this but i just had to vent. since i got my turbo about a month ago i have come across only one race. and even then i couldn't give it a full go because of misfiring issues. it just seems that whether or not i am looking for races i can't seem to run across any. every time i see a car that is modified or even something that i know is fast from the factory, they are going to other way on a highway that i can't turn around on.
the other day i was bored so i went out just cruising and hoping i would spot a race. sure enough i saw countless cars that might have a go at it going to other way. there was one point that i was able to turn around in a parking lot to go after someone but got stuck at two traffic lights. by the time i got through the lights this car was long gone. and it never fails as i get to the part of the highway where there is no possibility to turn around, there goes another possible race... the other way
this is all me just ranting, sorry you guys and girls for making you read all this. thanks for taking a peek. later
Old 05-14-2007, 04:40 PM

Just forget about it and someone will come to you.
Old 05-14-2007, 05:25 PM

I was at a three lane stop light yesterday..on the far left was a G35 and in the middle was a modded hatch and i was on the right.everyone took of slow...then the G35 got on it a bit.guess what i did....? it wasn't pretty..I put bus lengths on this guy.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:14 PM

I feel u man...i dont run into ANYTHING! NOTHING! ..in the year and a half ive had it i dont think ive raced anyone that i didnt know already. Seems like i always drive when the minivans and camrys go out.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:26 PM
Banned

I hate it when I see racers but when Im in my "other commuter" car, then when Im in my s2k, I either never see them, or I see fricken corvettes and ferraris around me when Im in my s2k, lol wtf?
Old 05-14-2007, 07:31 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

i think you should fix your misfiring issues before you go looking for races.. lol j/k

The best thing to do is to NOT look for trouble. But when you do happen to come across a nice car be sure to lay the smackdown with your turbo k.

Old 05-14-2007, 07:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by GrandMasterKhan,May 14 2007, 07:31 PM
i think you should fix your misfiring issues before you go looking for races.. lol j/k

The best thing to do is to NOT look for trouble. But when you do happen to come across a nice car be sure to lay the smackdown with your turbo k.
lol, trust me I aint that dumb. But yah, it ended up being just a cracked spark plug that caused the misfires and compression leak.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:30 PM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by GrandMasterKhan,May 14 2007, 07:31 PM

The racers always seem to come out of the woodwork when I'm just cruising minding my own business. When I'm actually feeling a bit primed for a run, there is nothing to be found.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:34 PM

I ALWAYS have people trying to race me, and it's ALWAYS when there's a wall of traffic and police around.

"Oh you look soooo cool going WOT and having to slam your brakes .01 seconds later."

I'm honestly very tired of asshat F&F wannabes, and I would love to not have anyone bother me for a while. Sometimes I do enjoy a good run with a cool person, but it's rare. Recently I had a G35 Sedan get all road ragey on me after I beat him. It was crazy, and it reminded me that the world is full of assholes and idiots.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:33 AM

i did fix my misfire issues. ended up being bad spark plugs.

Quick Reply: why can't i find