S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

What do u do when a S2000 trys to run you

Old 02-20-2002, 05:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do u do when a S2000 trys to run you

Sit back and laugh at him as he slowly disappears in my rearview mirror. It seems like most s2000 owners are assholes.....not all, but most. I was reading a post where some s200o owners were making fun of civics and accords and etc for trying to run them. I agree with most of s2000 owners why waste your time on a slow as car, but not all of the cars out there are slow.

Most of you guys seem pretty arogant, s2000 are quick but they are not really that fast based on track times i can beat alomost every s2000 out there when it comes to a 1/4 mile race. Im not trying to piss you of im just trying to make you see the light you are pretty fast but your not all that. If you cant run below a 14 flat in the 1/4 plz dont bother responding...due to the fact your car is slow (there goes 75% of the forum)

If you are not one of these stuck up asses plz dont take offense to my little splurge. I was a little board and felt like ruffling a few feathers
Old 02-20-2002, 05:36 PM

Originally posted by 8000RPM
If you cant run below a 14 flat in the 1/4 plz dont bother responding...due to the fact your car is slow (there goes 75% of the forum)
Considering most of the poeple on this forum have S2000's this is a pretty ignorant statement. You will also find a great number of discussions about how difficult it is to launch an S2000. Thus low 0-60 or 1/4 mile times are up to the driver not the car.
Old 02-20-2002, 05:41 PM

Hmmmmm...why do I doubt you'll get many friendly responses? I haven't had the opportunity to have many S2000s try to run me. By the way, what do you drive?
Old 02-20-2002, 05:47 PM

i can beat alomost every s2000 out there when it comes to a 1/4 mile race.
Most of you guys seem pretty arogant
Is this not a bit of the "pot calling the kettle black " Fact of the matter is there will always be a faster car. The S2000 is faster than about 99.9% of those civics and accords that race us just as 99.9% of Ferraris (I'm sure the turbo'd S2k's would hang) are faster than the S2k. I'm pretty sure there aren't a lot of Lambroghini/Ferrari owners that would want to waste Premium Gas (especially when they get like 9 mpg) on our little 4 banger. I'm sure they'd just as quickly laugh us off as we laugh the civics off. I don't think it's so much as us being a**holes but that a lot of the times we don't want a run and are just out looking for some fun. The overwhelming majority of the time that I get people revving their engine at me I don't want to race. I want to go home/be left alone (not easy with this car)/not bothered. I mean if it's truly a fast car and I know it would be a good race I would imagine most owners (if they race) would go for it. But being revved on by a good 20 civics a day tends to get to ya.

[QUOTE]If you are not one of these stuck up asses plz dont take offense to my little splurge.
Old 02-20-2002, 05:53 PM

um...I Don't know what do you do when a car NOT designed for drag racing with a 4-cylinder engine runs high 13s and hangs with you? See if you can match it on the track buddy. If you've ever driven one, then you'd understand why owners love their cars so much and may seem egotistical about it at times. It's just love for the car baby, all of us have it cause all of us have experienced what a true sports car should feel like.
Old 02-20-2002, 06:00 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MattH25
[B]
Old 02-20-2002, 06:38 PM

Thx for the responses and imnot saying your car sucks im just saying that you guys give your selfs alot of credit and seem to forget about the turbo si's or hybrid cars that could have there way with you anytime they wanted and yes i get reved at too and yes i blow off alot of peolpe but i dont make fun of them and feel all high and mighty becuse i blew them off.

You guys need to get off your throne and give some credit and stop generalizing and I know all car owners lover there cars but damn guys they are just cars (i cant believe I said that) and your cars dont make you the king of the world.

Oh yea the ferrari and s2000 really sucked
Old 02-20-2002, 09:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are saying that we, the owners are being arrogant because we think our cars are great. um... hello!!!.. last time I checked, this is a website for s2000s. I believe the main topic here is to talk about our cars. I am sure if you go to a m3, VW, hyundai, any of those sites, they will talk about their cars. Does that mean that they are all arrogant? no, it is just we are passionate about our cars and we talk about it. What is bad is when someone who doesn't own the vehicle come here and start talking crap about our car and hides himself from everyone else. I dare you to go to a local meet of s2000 owners and tell them they are arrogant.

Why don't you tell us what car you own? It can be geo metro or a Porsche, it doesn't matter, you have your toy, and we have ours. Stop coming here and try to start sh*t unless you have something productive to say.

Last time I checked, I didn't recall a post here that someone who actually owns a s2k has started saying stuff about another car unless he has raced it.

we would be arrogant if we went on another site and started talking crap about other people's cars. I just went to the honda-acura.net site, where you would think is the temple of ricers, and I did not find a single post in the s2000 section where an owner has said anything bad about another car.

how can you say most s2k owners are assholes? aren't you generalizing about that? I'll assume you have met a few s2k owners. maybe even 100. How many people own the s2k? over 10k? so based on this assumption, you are Generalizing that we are all assholes because you met a few? Why don't you go and review your earlier posts and make sure you don't contradict yourself sonny....

We are not King of the world because we own a s2k, we just like it. Why don't you post us your location and what car you have, I am sure a few members here would like to have a run with you.... talk is cheap.... let actions speak. If you want to feel special, run against me. I have stock s2k. you can go around and start bragging how you beat a s2k..... I am in the east coast.... so bring your whatever car you have...otherwise.... get the hell out of here.....

*wow.... that sure pissed me off a lot.....* I need to go back and sit on my throne. this computer chair is bad for my back.
Old 02-20-2002, 09:25 PM
Banned

Man, not even I would post something this inflammatory. LOL.

Expect a lot of flames dude.

Are you in Houston?? What do you drive??
Old 02-20-2002, 09:34 PM

dude, i read the whole thread to find out what kinda of car you drive, and you didn't even mention it. let us know what you have!

Quick Reply: What do u do when a S2000 trys to run you