S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

What Cars Can be Beat?

Old 05-23-2005, 11:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up What Cars Can be Beat?

i have done several searches and alot of field research on this with not much answer....Can someone psot a small list of cars that a stock s2000 should be able to beat. The reason for this post is because I read story after story of some of these cars that people beat with a stock s2000 and Im just like How. Then I have done my field research to see and some I can beat then some Im like there is no way no matter who the heck is driving my car. For example I have seen some post where people beat C6 corvettes well last night I had my ass handed to me twice by two different one neither of them were modded so I was just wondering and looking for some clarity. If you think this is stupid....then just keep it to yourself please
Old 05-23-2005, 12:15 PM

The list would be endless. Plus, there are many variables. Driver's skills is the key...
Old 05-23-2005, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by s2kmaniac81,May 23 2005, 11:45 AM
I was just wondering and looking for some clarity.
If you are trying to race a 300+ hp car with a stock setup, you will need more than just skills. Now if you are racing a car like a 350z, srt4, GT mustang, ect. then you will have a better chance if you learn your power band and learn when to race at what speed, in what gear. If your V-TEC kicks in at around 6k then I would race at a roll at about 5-6k rpms so you have less lag. And if you are racing out of the hole, then I suggest you figure out how to launch your S. IMO if you are trying to race a V8 out of the hole, you better launch your S. I only race on a roll for instant power and less wear on my rear end If racing on a straight is your gaol with your S, then IMO FI is a must. You could go NA but alot more$$$ for the amount of power.
Old 05-23-2005, 01:19 PM

i have done several searches and alot of field research on this with not much answer....Can someone psot a small list of cars that a stock s2000 should be able to beat. The reason for this post is because I read story after story of some of these cars that people beat with a stock s2000 and Im just like How. Then I have done my field research to see and some I can beat then some Im like there is no way no matter who the heck is driving my car. For example I have seen some post where people beat C6 corvettes well last night I had my ass handed to me twice by two different one neither of them were modded so I was just wondering and looking for some clarity. If you think this is stupid....then just keep it to yourself please
Look in the back of any Motor Trend, Car and Driver, Road & Track. Check out 0-60, 1/4 mile, and 0-100 times for the Honda S2k. Then compare it to other cars.

.....Cars that post times higher than the S2k are cars you might beat.

.....Cars that post times lower than the S2k are cars you cannot!
Old 05-23-2005, 01:47 PM

I not that dumb I can figure out what numbers are higher than mine and what numbers are lower...lilke many of you post about killing srt-4's but there numbers are lower
Old 05-23-2005, 03:02 PM

Old SRT-4s numbers are higher.
Old 05-23-2005, 03:14 PM

If you really want to know what your car does in your hands. Go to the drag strip and see what numbers you run. You'll even get to run other cars and see for yourself.

Too many variables on the street.
You can get "killed" by a TL if they have a head start... what does that mean? Nothing.
Old 05-23-2005, 03:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll write you a list of my OPINION later when I have more time
Old 05-23-2005, 04:00 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by s2kmaniac81,May 23 2005, 03:47 PM
I not that dumb I can figure out what numbers are higher than mine and what numbers are lower...lilke many of you post about killing srt-4's but there numbers are lower
mag racing is a general idea, but not the rule.

SRTs are slower (barely) in stock form in every encounter I'd ever had. I raced over 12 SRT4's while I was stock, and pulled/beat every single one. They key is given equal drivers. Given equal drivers S2000 > SRT4. but we all know that doesn't always happen.

Aside from that, the list continues on the same. There are cars like the mustang GT, 350Z, etc that are all very close to each other, and slight driving skill differences can easily affect the outcome.

As for the C6 story, I've seen a z06 and a C5 run 14's. So incredibly enough anything is possible. Then again I've also seen an S2000 run 15's. It goes both ways.
Old 05-23-2005, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by s2kmaniac81,May 23 2005, 01:45 PM
Can someone psot a small list of cars that a stock s2000 should be able to beat.
Good question. I am not sure of the many cars that you can beat, but I will offer one that you cannot. If others tell you what you can't beat, you'll be left with those that you can. Driver and mod variables should be ignored.

A BMW ///M Roadster is not on the list; neither the S52 engined (close though) nor the S54 powered (not even close).

Quick Reply: What Cars Can be Beat?