S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Various Kills

Old 02-21-2009, 09:38 PM
Former Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Various Kills

Nothing challenging...but had some fun runs taking the long way home from an s2k meet tonight.

The 350 'vert was a quasi race. We never got to line up on the single lane road we were on, but the guy ran up on my butt aggressively after I pulled out in front of him. I'd given plenty of room...so I knew he just wanted to play. I was slowing for a light with him sniffing my tail pipe like I was a dog in heat. Dropped to 2nd and held about 5500rpm where my VTEC kicks in. The light goes green before we get to a full stop, I take off with him trying to keep up. Pulled about a car on him to 60mph. At the first opportunity we have where we can line up, he decides to turn off.

Next, I'm trying to get through some traffic on a 4-lane surface street to catch up to a hatch I see way up ahead that looks lowered and I can hear even from about a 10 cars back. As I'm moving through traffic, this pair of cars, a 90s Eclipse and IS300, pull out in front of me from a sushi restaurant. I see the hatch making a left onto a lightly traveled 4-lane and as I'm trying to rush through the light, the Eclipse jumps in front and the Lexus behind right on my tail. The Eclipse driver was trying to take the corner quick, but it was slow for me, which caused me to get into the brakes a bit. That let the hatch get away as I see him rocket off.

At this point, I just get in the left lane to slowly pass the Mitsu at normal non-race speeds. I clear him by a few car lengths when traffic slows in front of me...as I'm about to change lanes, he shoots up to try to block! I goose the gas just enough to swing into his lane in front of him. He's now riding me. I decide to move on over after passing the slower traffic and resume near speed limit velocity. He and the Lex zip by only to be caught at a light ahead.

There is a car in my lane so I pull in behind the IS. They take off quick, with the IS jumping around the Eclipse and pulling even...obviously, the Eclipse was NA with a huge exhaust for a pretend turbo. I have stuck to the 300s butt while only shifting at 7000.

Next light comes up and the Lex pulls in front of his buddy so that he can run me. This is an ideal place to run...concrete median prevents me from getting into oncoming traffic and only one place for a car to enter for the next 1/8 mi or so.

I look over at the opponent wondering if there might be an SC or turbo under the hood. I see a very nice set of polished lip black wheels, which go nicely with the very clean black car. Young kid driving (well...they are all young compared to me ).

The asphalt is new so as the light goes green I dump the clutch at a relatively low 4800rpm, but get just a bit of wheel spin as I pull away. I'm a full car at the end of 1st and by the time 2nd winds out he is a good 3-4 CL behind. Point proven, so I back off to near the speed limit as he does a fly-by.

I hate that...and have a chance to embarrass him again in revenge. He zoops up to the next light waiting for me. After this light there is nothing for a while...no entrances...so I don't have to allow the fly-by. He's looking a bit cross now...but I manage to get a bit better traction this time and the results are even worse. And I don't let him get close enough to even think he's got a victory until I reach my turn.

Oh...the NA Eclipse...not sure what happened to him...I think he's still back there somewhere trying to catch up.
Old 02-21-2009, 09:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good Races
Old 02-21-2009, 10:53 PM

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

awesome! What setup do you have? i think i remember you are tuned on EMS?
Old 02-23-2009, 02:20 AM
hue

Old 02-23-2009, 09:03 AM

Old 03-13-2009, 01:33 PM

sweet. Great kills man! Im sad cuz I dont get races down here, and if I do, its msotly ricer type guys just doing flybys on me, not worth my time! AH
Old 03-17-2009, 11:06 AM

Oh...the NA Eclipse...not sure what happened to him...I think he's still back there somewhere trying to catch up.

hahhahahaha