S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Under-estimated EVO

Old 05-09-2005, 10:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Under-estimated EVO

Let me tell you something has anyone under-estimated a car before?
Well let me tell you I just picked up my S2K and only had it for one day when I ran against an EVO. I guess that day I felt like the man around town cause I was smoking any car that got in my way like Integs,Civics,Celicas, and even MR2s.
Anyways that day I just got done smoking a MR2 wanna be racer and I peeped
at my rear views I seen this red EVO I thought it was a Lancer posing to be a EVO at first glance. He was dodging and weaving through traffic like a mad man to catch up to me. So I let him catch up and he pulled up we oth slowed up and then boom we both floored it ! I new and just now realizing the power of my car and the other dudes car. LOL. At first I was up on him by half a car then, I heard HSSSSSS, then his load was gone! We was about 80mph when he took me though I didnt even notice was an Evo till I seen the booty of the car. But long story short those cars are freaking fast. Any suggestions to make my load faster than EVO let me know
Old 05-09-2005, 10:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

add a super charger & a turbo then you should be kick his azz oh ya don't forget the NOS...
Old 05-09-2005, 10:49 AM

I'm sure Quik S2K will be in here soon to declare that this is the defacto standard for S2K versus EVO races, and HvRRZ and YellowS2kPwr will be in here stating the exact opposite

Sorry, thats just how all the EVO vs. S2K threads seem to go. However, the Miata is faster than all of them combined!

Good effort on your part against the EVO. To be able to beat a stock EVO easily, especially from a dig, you're going to need FI because the S2K doesn't really respond well to most other mods. Modded EVOs will still be a problem unless you start doing some extra like building the engine, lowering compression and increasing the boost.
Old 05-09-2005, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by edrick,May 9 2005, 10:29 AM
Any suggestions to make my load faster than EVO let me know
I'm SO not going to touch that
Old 05-09-2005, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Bass,May 9 2005, 06:43 PM
add a super charger & a turbo then you should be kick his azz oh ya don't forget the NOS...
You forgot to mention the rotaries. He needs the rotaries on his pistons.
Old 05-09-2005, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by edrick,May 9 2005, 10:29 AM
Let me tell you something has anyone under-estimated a car before?
Well let me tell you I just picked up my S2K and only had it for one day when I ran against an EVO. I guess that day I felt like the man around town cause I was smoking any car that got in my way like Integs,Civics,Celicas, and even MR2s.
Anyways that day I just got done smoking a MR2 wanna be racer and I peeped
at my rear views I seen this red EVO I thought it was a Lancer posing to be a EVO at first glance. He was dodging and weaving through traffic like a mad man to catch up to me. So I let him catch up and he pulled up we oth slowed up and then boom we both floored it ! I new and just now realizing the power of my car and the other dudes car. LOL. At first I was up on him by half a car then, I heard HSSSSSS, then his load was gone! We was about 80mph when he took me though I didnt even notice was an Evo till I seen the booty of the car. But long story short those cars are freaking fast. Any suggestions to make my load faster than EVO let me know
Don't be racing anything until you learn how to control your car. Please be careful out there, the S2000 is no joke.

Drive safe
Old 05-09-2005, 11:44 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Nothing against u but u just bought the car correct??? and ur already racing all these cars on ur first day, good job....sounds like U might need to learn to drive the car well first before racing against cars that are worth racing against. All those cars u mentioned were jokes and that is why u were murdering them. The evo is no joke, if u drove well u would have been able to win considering if he was stock.

First day with ur S and ur praising an evo...hmmm...sounds fishy doesn't it.....
Old 05-09-2005, 12:11 PM

Don't want to magazine race, but I was home over lunch and reading a couple month old autoweek, the one where they put the R32 up against the 270+ Hp Evo AWD.

I was reading the numbers and autoweek (who i think we can agree is pretty legit) had the Evo at 5.89 0-60.

I guess I am wondering if this is about right?
Old 05-09-2005, 12:16 PM
Banned

The evo is no joke, if u drove well u would have been able to win considering if he was stock.
what kind of crack are you smoking? A stock S2K wont touch a stock EVO in a straight line.

And the EVO's 0-60 time is in the high 4's if launched aggressively.
Old 05-09-2005, 12:35 PM

Compared to most cars on the road of the same MY, so few Evo8 are stock. I've run into a few (not literally RUN INTO, you understand) since I have been SC'd and they've always been cool guys willing to do a friendly run. Won some, lost some. But, even when they won they had nothing but praise for the S. Oh, and they have just as many worries about warranty problems and longevity problems as we do when they start running lots of boost. That was refreshing to hear

Nothing to be ashamed of, no matter what you do to your car, someone will always be faster.

Quick Reply: Under-estimated EVO