S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

UNBELIEVABLE NIGHT!...Lambo, Ferrari, Targa S, Stang, long post

Old 02-24-2004, 12:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That could be a kit car unless you are pretty sure it was a lambo.

Hey this things happen, people think cuz you beat a lambo means your car is faster, like RED MX5 said the fastest car doesnt always win because they are too many factors in a race. Hey did I ever mentioned I beat a Kia Spectra with my Tercel? My friend was speechless cuz since I saw the car he said I couldnt beat it, then I smoked the kid like nothing with only 4 speeds Hey his car is faster but I still beat'em

Hope to see the vids soon!
Old 02-24-2004, 12:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BruteHareS2k
That could be a kit car unless you are pretty sure it was a lambo.
Old 02-24-2004, 02:43 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by blessed
Old 02-24-2004, 03:38 PM

I'll be there
Old 02-24-2004, 04:15 PM

Thanks to all of you who responded to my post. I'm new here, and didn't know how my post might be received. I've never been terribly fond of bench-racing, because so many people get too wrapped up in it, and their stories get bigger with every telling. The end result is little more than a contest to see who can tell the biggest lies. That ruins it for me, because really strange things do happen, and it's fun to share them, but only in situations where we won't be thought a liar or fool (same thing in my book).

I'm 55-years old, and would guess that most on this forum are probably quite a bit younger. Would I be too far wrong? ;-)

Have any of you considered what might happen when you videotape your adventures or even post information on a public forum like this one? You could be out a week later driving your Yugo, and some fool could run a stop sign and cream you. A sharp lawyer could show up in court with your forum posts and videos and convince the court that you were a habitual speeder with no respect for the law. You could be sued, or worse, and you're providing evidence for such things every time you bench-race on-line. I absolutely will not videotape my own activities if those tapes might be used against me. You guys are just going to have to get to know me well enough to decide whether or not you can believe the things I say. I'll understand lots of skepticism if I tell stories like the SS-350 vs. 454 story I told in my last post, and frankly, anyone who isn't a little skeptical of anything they read on the Web is not too bright.

Some questions for the guys who have been here for a while:

1) I have a Beltronics Vector FX2. Do these things give accurate results (given the right parameters)? Anyone know the best parameters to use with the S2000?

2) Have any of you played with the alignment on your S2000? My car has a lag (for lack of a better word) in the handling, such that I have to anticipate it a little. It's like it's one step behind me, no matter how focused I am on "slow hands." The lag is making it very difficult to lock the car back on track coming out of a power slide, as there is a tendency to over-shoot slightly, and wag the tale a little. It's subtle, and seems like something that might be improved with some small alignment changes. I got my car used and haven't checked the alignment (no signs of any real problems), but I'm wondering how the car responds to changes. Any of you have any experience in that area?

And lastly, I can't resist showing this thing off a little:

Thanks for the responses guys.

RED MX5
Old 02-24-2004, 05:58 PM

I got these numbers from the Web, so I can't vouch for their accuracy. However, take a look.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vehice...............................Year......... . BHP.............0-60...........1/4 Mile
.................................................. .............................mph...........Seconds

Ferrari 348 GTS...............1994...........320.............. .5.9...............14.4
Ferrari Testarossa...........1987......................... .......5.8...............14.2
Honda NSX......................1994............270...... ........5.3...............13.8
Honda NSX......................1990............270...... ........5.8...............14.2
Honda S2000..................1999............237........ ......5.6...............14.3
Lamborghini Countach....1982............375..............5.6.. .............14
Lamborghini Diablo VT.....1994............492..............5.1....... ........13.6
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The S2000 is right in the middle of the pack, 0-60, and there isn't enough of a difference for the car to make the difference, even with the Daiblo VT. In the Quarter-mile he's gone, but in a sprint down the block it looks like a drivers race to me. I think if you're good, you'll beat an average drive, giving him ANY of the cars listed above, and letting him pick your weapon to boot.

Comments?

RED MX5
Old 02-24-2004, 06:13 PM

The numbers for most of those cars are grossly uderated.

Especially the diablo which should cover the 1/4 in 12 flat.
Old 02-24-2004, 07:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

492 hp and only a 13.6?? did he trap at 160mph???? maybe it was in reverse.
Old 02-24-2004, 09:48 PM

Originally posted by dhess

My point was simply that it is not unreasonable to take on something as wild as a Diablo at a stop light. The idea that someone pulled one in a street drag isn't really that unbelievable. I also find it hard to believe that anyone would make up such an outrageous story. It doesn't prove that the car is fast or the driver that good, it just means that they won a short sprint, and were surprised by the outcome.

Several people have said that this is a BS thread, and while I assume that they're talking about the opening post, I think it's an interesting topic. I'm very surprised, because some people seem to be saying that if they ended up at a light next to a Diablo, and he wanted to play, they would just take it as a given that they couldn't show the guy their tail lights. Not me!!! BRING IT ON!!! So what if I get totally dusted. I get to see the Diablo scoot, and I have some fun in my car too. And sometimes there are amazing upsets.

I think some of the people here might be surprised what they could do in a lowly S2000 against some much quicker cars, in typical street sprints. I'm not arguing that the original post was truthful. I'm just saying that I don't find it nearly as hard to believe as some here do. There is a guy in Macon with a yellow Diablo. If I get a chance to test him, you can bet I will not pass up on the opportunity.

How about a pole to see how may here won't bother to test guys in cars that they know are capable of dusting them off?

RED MX5

PS. There is also the very real possibility of sandbagging. When I was riding a bike that turned the quarter in the low 11's. there was always some joker in a Toyota or Vette that wanted to drag. I'd wind all the way out in first gear, keeping the front half of the bike just ahead of their bumper, listening to them thrash their car trying to "race." Then I'd hit second and scoot away with the front wheel making a slow rise. Sometimes guys with really fast vehicles are just screwing around.
Old 02-25-2004, 04:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by dhess

The lowest I've seen a 94' Diablo VT in the 1/4 mile is 13.2. Now if we are going to talk about top speed then thats another story

Quick Reply: UNBELIEVABLE NIGHT!...Lambo, Ferrari, Targa S, Stang, long post