S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

UNBELIEVABLE NIGHT!...Lambo, Ferrari, Targa S, Stang, long post

Old 02-24-2004, 09:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by mustangkiller01
blessed, do your self a huge favor and mail the tape to someone who can post it up for you... i'm sure someone on this board will be more than happy to... because with out that tape on here, you won't be able to get most people to believe you and this thread is gonna turn into a huge fight..... i hope that this is all ture and i'd love to see this tape.. good runs

oh yea, I definitely feel you on this...Like I said, if it wasen't me there, I would've never believed the story! Im working on a way right now to post the vids. I think im gonna have to mail it to someone... (or if anyone lives by me that know's how to post I would love to meet up...south FL) unless anyone can clue me in on to how to post this myself. The quality isan't real great, but you can see whats going on. Aginst the lambo the wind noise on the Highway w/the top down is pretty shity but u hear the lambo drop gear, then punch it, then you hear me punch it after him, and I still pull pretty hard! But I have to make a copy for myself first...This is a tape that im gonna hold on to forever!!lol And the funny thing is that I have only basic bolt-ons added on to my S. Also on the tape is me dippen from about 20-110ish, w/my friend standing in the road, this way you all can hear my shift points, and if you lissen closely you can hear me chirp 4th gear. Im gonna start tapeing more often, so if anyone can share how to post that would be great, this way I can just post instead of going through this delay.

Bare with me guys...I know how stupid I must sound right now but I really don't bullshit any of my stories, I know alot of the time it dosen't add up, but theres some things that I just can't explain. Drive safe!
Old 02-24-2004, 09:35 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chirp 4th gear? Either you really dumped the clutch, and you have a hell of strong clutch, or your tires suck (or maybe it was really cold), or your basic bolt-ons are making a *lot* of power.

Just for everyone's sake: what bolt-ons are you using? Do you have a dyno chart?

BTW... you'd be better off getting a digital vid cam w/ a Firewire port. That makes it really easy to make videos.
Old 02-24-2004, 09:46 AM

Im in Davie, Fl. I'd be more than happy to view the video to prove this, but I can't host it.

I'll tell you flat out this thread SCREAMS B.S.

My thoughts: The lambo wasn't a real lambo, but rather a stupid kit car with a small block chevy (hence the deep sound), the guy in the 355 is full of shit because im 99% sure they don't make a "chip" for a ferrari and exhaust? Unless its Tubi it aint' worth nothin over the stock.

The porsche...thats believable if it was an earlier model porsche but he still should have won.

The Lambo would have murdered you from a dead stop if he started in 4th gear, and teh 355 the same but in 3rd gear instead.

Like I said, I'd be more than happy to view this video for you.
Old 02-24-2004, 09:58 AM

Basic bolt ons and nitrous???

Were the other cars racing you or were they laughing and playing a bit with you while you were frying your clutch and grinding your gears?

I was dead even with a yellow 360 in my ITR from a 5mph roll to 60mph here in Portland OR by PSU one night. ANd the guy was pissed! And I also raced a Carrera up hill and beat off the line too hard for him to catch me. His girlfriend rolled down her window and gave me a thumbs up.

I remember when I used to be into drag racing and at the track a few years back 2 guys had brand new WRX's when they first came out- they were running low 15's in th 1/4 all day. Needless to say eveyone thought those cars were all a big hype and were slower than mollasses. Until everyone found out that they had low mileage and these guys were taking it very easy on them.

Point is you never know how hard the other guy is pushing his car.
Old 02-24-2004, 09:58 AM

you are not telling us wether you have any mods on your S.
Old 02-24-2004, 09:59 AM

But I give you a just for being on the HWY with them!
Old 02-24-2004, 10:20 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RED MX5
Old 02-24-2004, 10:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe Red Mx5.

But I just cannot get my mind to comprehend the s2k beating on a lambo "dippen" in the fast lane.

Fiero with a kit, is my guess.

Old 02-24-2004, 11:53 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SoFlaNSX
Im in Davie, Fl.
Old 02-24-2004, 12:02 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Pakisho
I believe Red Mx5.

Quick Reply: UNBELIEVABLE NIGHT!...Lambo, Ferrari, Targa S, Stang, long post