S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Turbo S2k vs LS1 Camaro

Old 01-30-2008, 06:58 AM

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by freshs2k,Jan 30 2008, 10:28 AM
ah true i heard about a rx-7 that ran 7.7 at 177mph running a dual stage boost controller, and you just reminded me how the first stage was only a certain lb of boost. Ill probably be running a 245 nitto DR does the BFG 275 hold the 440whp in 1st or does it still get loose on you? How does it fit? Does it rub and what size wheel and offset do you run also? sorry for all the questions its going to be one of my very next mods.
It can still brake traction pretty easily unless the conditions are right but the BFG's are pretty sticky and I run them with only about 22 psi on the street.

I can't remember my offset but my rims are custom IForged 18x10 with a 2" lip in the rear and 18x8 with a 1" lip in the front. I had a small issue with just a little rubbing on the plastic fender well lip off the rear bumper. I since trimmed it up nice and no more issues.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks. I'm lowered on espelirs and v1 ap2 wheels just trying to get an idea of what size DR i can't fit back there. Any suspension mods? I might go back to my stock springs to get that squat and weight transfer. Im thinkin my suspension is to hard right now which is making it a little bit harder for me to launch and i was only 10lb of boost stock compression.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:38 AM

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by freshs2k,Jan 30 2008, 12:10 PM
thanks. I'm lowered on espelirs and v1 ap2 wheels just trying to get an idea of what size DR i can't fit back there. Any suspension mods? I might go back to my stock springs to get that squat and weight transfer. Im thinkin my suspension is to hard right now which is making it a little bit harder for me to launch and i was only 10lb of boost stock compression.
I only have Eibach springs as a suspension change.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Um, what's with the drag racing obsession? Last time I checked, the S2000 was designed for a road course. And in that realm, it has always punched well above its weight. We've all seen the Best Motoring videos of the S2000 and RX-7 taking down mega-horsepower but heavy, ill-handling competitors.

Having owned both a 99 LS1 Z28 and a 97 Mustang GT, I can tell you that they were horrible in anything but a straight line. Lots of power, no suspension, no brakes, and plenty of understeer. Incredibly boring.

I do like the Vette, however. Just too many rich rednecks and mid-life-crisis types have them here in Texas. Please, if you're bald, fat and into gold chains - do NOT buy a Corvette and make them safe to own again!

Anyway, I just get the feeling that the Honda engineers, if they heard we were drag racing their car, would just scratch their heads and ask:

Why?