S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Truck talkin shit to me

Old 06-05-2006, 11:40 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck talkin shit to me

So Im at this light on Pacific Coast Highway at around 1am on a sat night. My top was up and my windows were mostly up. A truck pulls next to me at this 2-lane light, dunno what it was but he had some sort of loud exhaust. I hear a guy from the truck say, "HEY! HEY ASSHOLE, WHY DONT YOU GET A REAL CAR!" I was so pissed! I know I didnt cut him off or piss him off in any way, cuz I saw him pull out from another street just before the light. I acted like I didnt hear him. So I was reving him at around 6K when I dumped the clutch when the light turned green. I know I made his ears bleed with my straight single Apexi N1 exhaust & Berke test pipe. Then when I shot ahead of him, I switched to his lane & braked in front him, slowed down till he was on my ass at about 15mph in a 45mph zone, then turned my hazards on, then gunned it while I gave him the bird as I speeded away. What is it with S2K haters? Do any of you get screwed with verbally?
Old 06-05-2006, 11:55 PM

Idiots like that will meet the wrong guy(s)= my homies oneday and they will regret what they say or do. I don't promote violence but some of these A**holes will get what they deserve. I have witness a few and I don't feel sorry for any of them.
Old 06-06-2006, 01:07 AM

Yeah one time I was driving home from a lil run with my friends Z. Later that night, I run into an Evo (rolling on 15's, stock suspension, big ol' T-spoiler). At first I thought it was a riced out Lancer, But I heard his turbo spooling up when he Brake Boosted. I had the top down, and as i slowly cruise by him, (he had windows down), he says "I like your S2000." He said it sarcastically, at first i didn't know if he was serious or being sarcastic, til he brake boosted. I just threw up the peace sign and acknowledged the fake compliment. he revved a few more times at me.

The whole night, I was guessing he was on the Evo boards, and read the "Why the S2000 is better than the EVO" article that Drew wrote. LOL!

But even though we get a few A**holes, we get double the compliments. Don't let it get to your head.

btw, u got balls dropping the clutch at 6K, i'm still terrified to do that.
Old 06-06-2006, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by PointBlank187,Jun 6 2006, 01:07 AM
Should drop around 7-8k's for best results I'm serious though.
Old 06-06-2006, 07:01 AM

Yeah, till your clutch gives up the ghost. And you are facing a 1000+ bill.
Or your differential and you are facing a 2000+ bill.
Old 06-06-2006, 07:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's no harm done to the clutch or differential if you launch the car properly. Just rev to 6.5k, side-step the clutch, and mash the gas pedal
Old 06-06-2006, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by PointBlank187,Jun 6 2006, 02:07 AM
Yeah one time I was driving home from a lil run with my friends Z. Later that night, I run into an Evo (rolling on 15's, stock suspension, big ol' T-spoiler). At first I thought it was a riced out Lancer, But I heard his turbo spooling up when he Brake Boosted. I had the top down, and as i slowly cruise by him, (he had windows down), he says "I like your S2000." He said it sarcastically, at first i didn't know if he was serious or being sarcastic, til he brake boosted. I just threw up the peace sign and acknowledged the fake compliment. he revved a few more times at me.

The whole night, I was guessing he was on the Evo boards, and read the "Why the S2000 is better than the EVO" article that Drew wrote. LOL!

But even though we get a few A**holes, we get double the compliments. Don't let it get to your head.

DO IT!!!

Whatever you do, just don't let up off the clutch slowly. Side-step it (so it engages immediately) and mash the gas pedal
Old 06-06-2006, 08:06 AM

As the old saying goes.."No matter how bad your attiitude is, you will meet someone with a worse attitude, and they will happy to adjust yours"
Old 06-06-2006, 09:26 AM

I was with you right up until you brake-checked him. IMO, that crossed the line into your very own road rage. I mean, all he did was SAY something to you, right? I'm thinking you need to not let others define your attitude so much.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:10 AM
Banned

yah maybe I went a lil too far. I guess I regret some of it. He just caught me in a bad mood. I was already pissed off about another thing before he even said something to me.

Quick Reply: Truck talkin shit to me