S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

truck does not a race car make

Old 01-08-2005, 05:42 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default truck does not a race car make

I have had several encounters with trucks before, and I've always been opinionated about how dumb it looks to try and take your truck and make it into a race car. Nothing makes less sense than getting something that could haul around a civic in the bed, jacked up 30 feet off the ground, and then racing it like it's a damn camaro. If you want a camaro, get a camaro. don't get a truck, and then try to turn it into one.

Case in point.

Earlier today I encountered a truck that looked a lot like my ex-fiancee's brother's. (quick background, i dont talk to her or him or any of them really.... BAD breakup and her parents can lick my cat's stinky ass)

It's a dodge ram sport I believe, and he had the windows tinted, big ugly ram stickers on the back, a big ugly spoiler, his dumb glasspacks, and blackout headlights. He was also one of those types who knows everything, and is right about anything he argues with you about. Interestingly enough, he liked to talk smack about my "weak 4 cylinder" and his truck, etc, saying that his horsepower is more and he'd be faster anyways.

I end up next to him at a light. I was already at the light and he pulled up. Now I don't know if he realized it was me right away, but the cocky little bastid started revving his truck, glasspacks and all. I certainly wasn't going to turn down this race, and upon the light turning green, laid waste to his truck, as I have plenty of trucks before him. Chalk another one up for a "weak" 4 cylinder taking down some dumb truck thinking he has a camaro.

I've yet to lose to a truck, though I know there are fast trucks out there. The closest I ever got to losing to a truck, was an F150 lightning and a dodge ram srt-10. Now there's 2 trucks that can haul some ass. Though I don't understand the reasoning behind it, to each their own i suppose.
Old 01-08-2005, 06:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry but unless you're SCed a lightning will smoke your S any day of the week
Old 01-08-2005, 07:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree lightnings are fast, but arent gonna smoke an S everyday of the week...ive seen lightnings run anywhere from 13.8 to 14.6 respectfully, so i think itd be more of a drivers race ...
Old 01-08-2005, 07:46 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bass,Jan 8 2005, 09:27 PM
yeah i was gonna say. lightning is a driver's race with a stock S2k.
Old 01-08-2005, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Bass,Jan 8 2005, 07:27 PM
Really ? I cant say I have experienced your statement at all! The last Lightning I raced lost all the way up to 100mph. Im not SC'd or Turbo'd! The fact is, for a TRUCK its fast BUT limited in regards to aspects of racing. Weight, aerodynamics etc. give the upper hand to the S! We loose in one department, HP and TQ! To say that they beat a stock S any day of the week is a poor response. CAN they beat a stock S any day of the week, well... Yes they CAN!
Old 01-09-2005, 10:51 AM

i dn't know what kinda lightnings you guys are talkin about, but i've seen stock lightnings run low 13s high 12s. and they are auto too
Old 01-09-2005, 11:29 AM

depends on the yr, mods and driver and such. they are are fast as ****, but to make a statement that all lightnings are gonna smoke ur S is bullshit.
Old 01-09-2005, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by TeamSiRs2k,Jan 9 2005, 11:51 AM
i dn't know what kinda lightnings you guys are talkin about, but i've seen stock lightnings run low 13s high 12s. and they are auto too
Pass some of that shit you are smoking......low 13s stock? Maybe with upgraded boost, but that's not stock.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by CypherAZ,Jan 9 2005, 12:38 PM
Pass some of that shit you are smoking......low 13s stock? Maybe with upgraded boost, but that's not stock.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:49 PM
Banned

They run high 13's stock, with slightly higher traps than the S2000.

Quick Reply: truck does not a race car make