S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

tried to run a 2 seater mercedes

Old 12-18-2003, 07:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this guy pulls up behind me in the pasing lane in a 2 seater mercedes.. don't know what it was exactly but it had triangular tail lights if that helps..looked really new as well.... anyway i moved over not thinking anything of it to let him pass, and he does.. i see him look over...well i was coming up on another car so i moved into the passing lane behind the mercedes.. i notice his liscense plate says FBI22234 or something like that... well i wasn't trying to race at first but then this asshole.. flicks his cigarette onto my hood!!!! i wasn't real close to him or anything but you usually flick it out to the side or something... so i got pissed and started riding him but he won't get over so i get next to him to see if he wants to go.. he doesn't so i take off... well aside from all that does anyone know how my s2k stacks up to what ever that thing was????
Old 12-18-2003, 07:36 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude, I'll fix your misspelling of Mercedes. The car was most likely a slk. You could spank any slk except the amg I'm pretty sure.
Old 12-18-2003, 07:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the slk amg is fast!!! they run what low 13z
Old 12-18-2003, 09:00 PM

haha thanks.. i'm not much of a speller well i didn't see any amg badges...but then again it was kinda dark.. it did only have single exhaust... i don't know if that helps
Old 12-19-2003, 12:01 AM

should have raced him anyways. If you lose give him a finger, and if you win give him 2 fingers.
Old 12-19-2003, 01:19 PM

Originally posted by mustangkiller01
haha thanks.. i'm not much of a speller well i didn't see any amg badges...but then again it was kinda dark.. it did only have single exhaust... i don't know if that helps

Single exhaust means it's definitely not the SLK32 AMG which has

double exhaust on the left.

It might be SLK320 I guess.
Old 12-19-2003, 07:51 PM

I see those plates on a lot of "shipped" cars. A close friend and his family own about 9 bimmers and a couple other exotics (must be quite a demand for nephrotologists all of the sudden!! ) ... a few, like their jeep for example... had to be shipped to Canada, then driven across the border into the US. They left the original plates on it. I'm not sure if it is entirely legal, or if you can register such plates... but the two they have are for up north fun only (Upper Penisula).

I also saw a car a few months ago, with a similar plate... where the driver was on the right hand side, and it looked like an M5 from behind. Had that powerful wide and low stance... with some 275's on the back!! ( could be exagerating slightly! )... pulled up along the side... and it took more of a oversided Jetta, Audi A8 type shape. I could not recognize any emblems on it... and thought it might be an Aston Martin, or a something similar in rarity.

.....I spent about 4 days obsessively digging around the internet... but never found it! ....and never saw it again! (another note, this thing had a computer, a switchboard on the dash, with about 30 switches... and a mean sounding growl!!)
Old 12-20-2003, 11:20 AM

it was a PA plate and said FBI-somenumbers
Old 12-22-2003, 08:17 PM

I had an encounter with a SLK 32 AMG yesterday. Must have been an auto... It said "V6 Kompressor" on the side.
We ran 4 times. Got a glimpse of teh back at a light, said SLK 32 on the left, looked like "AMG" on the right. Never saw the back when we were running!! I was always at least a car length ahead of him. Last run from a red light, he smoked his tires. I rolled off, and pulled 2 cars on him!!
He did not look pleased....... I was expecting to lose, and was quite surprised!!! Had to be an auto!!
Old 12-22-2003, 08:47 PM

Aside from the SLK32 AMG and the SL55 AMG, you should be able to take any other Mercedes roadster...you might even be able to edge out the SLK32 depending on how well you drive and the level of the guy driving the 32

Quick Reply: tried to run a 2 seater mercedes