S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Ticket for WATCHING Street Races

Old 03-06-2003, 10:58 AM

Received 234 Likes on 165 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Roku_F20C
[B]

Sorry, but you are wrong about this.

Out here in SoCal (San Fernando Street Races)...I use to go all the time..untill this happened.....

I was working that night....never thought I would be glad to be at work....This was 5 years ago.

So, my friends go down to the races and after awhile...bam! Cops block everybody in.
Old 03-06-2003, 11:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Roku_F20C

you just have to prove you bought something from that gas station.
No you don't have to prove you bought something. You could of gone to the restroom, put air in your tire or tires ( free in some gas station), Cleaned your windshield wipers , checked your oil and the list goes on and on.
Old 03-06-2003, 11:52 AM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

During the looney crackdown in Houston a while back, even kids accompanied by their parents, with Walmart receipts in hand, got arrested.

Never underestimate somebody's capacity for incompetence.
Old 03-06-2003, 12:02 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JonBoy
[B]

I'm guessing no one even thought about a lawyer.
Old 03-07-2003, 04:05 AM

Originally posted by JustBlaze

Hey, I am very popular at the local nude donut shop, I am the only customer who can carry a dozen dunuts with no hands!
You mean the munchkins?
Old 03-11-2003, 09:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i know a few race crews would hang out at the fast food places at night. and would just order a drink and sit out front. I see cops pull by all the time and nothing. You can see neons, strobes, loud bass, and the cops don't care. Some of the people have lawn chairs setup too. I guess it is cool to do that in a parking lot away from main streets.
Old 03-12-2003, 12:36 AM
J.T

Got a ticket and arrested for being at the street races a few years ago. I got lucky with the ticket only $140 whle I heard others paying up towards $1k. Was convicted of a misdemenor, unlawful gathering and one year probabtion. At least I didnt drive there or I would've lost my car too (impounds)
Old 03-12-2003, 04:24 AM

I can't believe this. Unlawful gathering? They could prove that you weren't just walking by? They could prove that you were watching? Seriously, a lawyer would probably have torn these things to shreds. I can't believe cops are getting away with this. That said, $140 isn't much and it's not really worth the hassle of a lawyer. However, if it was $1K, I'd have grabbed a lawyer. They could probably get you off without a hitch...
Old 03-12-2003, 07:52 PM

Well here's a little tid bit of info...........
In LA County Spectating at a street race now carries the same penalty as participating in one. They decided to follow San Diego's policy of cracking down on street racing......

Chris
Old 03-13-2003, 03:29 AM

Again, that'd be a real pain to prove. I can hear/see it now:

Officer: Yes, your honor, I saw all of these people (tens? hundreds?) come to this place and I know their intent was to watch this race. Not a single one of them did anything but watch (didn't go into any businesses, didn't socialize, etc, etc) and not a single one was just walking by when the race occurred. The fact that there are businesses and such here means nothing.

Judge: Case dismissed.

I don't even think you'd need a lawyer to beat one. Just ask the cop, "Did you see me, specifically, arrive here and wait for this race? Are you certain I didn't just arrive at around the time the race started and, naturally, looked over to see what was happening?" , etc, etc... This is so lame I can't believe it.

Blah.

Quick Reply: Ticket for WATCHING Street Races