S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Ticket for WATCHING Street Races

Old 03-05-2003, 11:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And I thought you couldn't get a ticket in a private parking lot.
Old 03-05-2003, 11:23 AM
Former Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by Gymniac
Not to be too off topic here, but doesn't this only apply if you have your own engineering firm?
Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to only apply to folks who own engineering firms. I work for the State and our personnel office was asked by Dept of Business & Professional Regulation to abide by the law and change all the positions with "engineer" in the title if the position did not require a PE.
Old 03-05-2003, 11:26 AM

first off i was stuck in the raid with the cops and they said we were spectating a race, you cant even see the street , if somebody was racing you wouldnt even be able to see.The cops had nothing better to do and they were prics and they were profiling they said just cause i had a honda and it was black i was participating.
Old 03-05-2003, 11:37 AM

That sucks. It seems like the cops got definitely carried away.
Old 03-05-2003, 11:38 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by negcamber
[B]
Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to only apply to folks who own engineering firms.
Old 03-05-2003, 03:29 PM

Here in Dallas the cops seem to have the thing down to a science. If you are on a street where there are closed businesses they talk the owners into saying "its tresspassing in their parking lot after business hours". Hence they have the ability to immediatley impound your car, racing or not. You houston guy experience that yet? They bring out helicopters and are getting into the LA-CA swing of things: ie. measuring hood heights on low small cars, "doubting sensable exhaust decibels", and all the good stuff they can. Pretty soon its going to be, that let me see your sticker crap for all your "aftermarket modifications". Even though the one guy I know that has an illegal R-33 around here got pulled over and they let him go cause the initial officer is a car enthusiast. Street racers and spectators be ware big brother is out there to end your fun.
Old 03-05-2003, 03:43 PM

If there was a private area, say very large parking lot, something of that nature. And the owner of that lot allows street racing, congregating, and screwing around, whatever, could the cops do anything about it?
Old 03-05-2003, 03:51 PM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

A couple years ago I was hanging out at a Sonic that on Thursday nights attracts quite a few sportbikes. The Sonic fully supported it and even hired some private security to make sure nothing untoward happened (to both the bikes and the property, I'm sure.) Parking space was tight, so some fire marshals rolled through in a little CNG powered Corolla, then sent in the cops to write fire lane violations for people who had their cars or bikes on/over the red fire lane. It was a completely peaceful little congregation, but they felt it was necesary to break it up. Weapons in the form of clubs and really big flashlights were in hand. Yeah, that was a good idea. It's weird being a part of a peaceful, legal gathering and having people yearing guns look at you like you're a scum-of-the-earth criminal.

I think such actions are really nothing more than power trips and don't actually do anyting to promote the general welfare.
Old 03-05-2003, 03:57 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Russ
[B]

If that was the case, people across the street witnessing a bank robbery would have to go to court because they were "watching" it.
Old 03-05-2003, 05:59 PM

Originally posted by JustBlaze

Hey, I am very popular at the local nude donut shop, I am the only customer who can carry a dozen dunuts with no hands!
Where? Between your butt cheeks???

Quick Reply: Ticket for WATCHING Street Races