S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Ticket for WATCHING Street Races

Old 03-05-2003, 08:34 AM

Received 234 Likes on 165 Posts

Russ: That's insane (the donut shops, that is). I don't even want to think of old people going in there....
Old 03-05-2003, 08:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nude donut shop? Where?
Old 03-05-2003, 09:01 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Russ
[B]

If that was the case, people across the street witnessing a bank robbery would have to go to court because they were "watching" it.
Old 03-05-2003, 09:20 AM

Originally posted by negcamber
a person may not in any manner participate in, coordinate, facilitate, or collect moneys at any location for any such race; ride as a passenger in; or purposefully cause the movement of traffic to slow or stop for, any such race, competition, contest, test, or exhibition (316.191 FS)
I've never been to a street race before, but do the spectators really line up like they do in the movies. If that's the case I would say that they are slowing or stopping the movement of traffic.
Old 03-05-2003, 09:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rob is asking because on the FL forum, some guys where at a hang out on saturday night, where some kids like to race. Even though the people in the parking lot (Who were not spectating, or racing) were just talking, the Cops raided it and they got "spectator" tickets.

After that, and realizing another hang out has been getting raided by cops (even though no racing is going on there either), someone is reading our board... so becareful everyone.
Old 03-05-2003, 09:36 AM

Never been to real street race nor have I seen those so-called "movies." But the few "busts" I've seen on TV here did have whole bunch of kids sitting/standing pretty darn close to the cars in motion (it wasn't like they had a "designated" area for the spectators).
Old 03-05-2003, 10:26 AM
Former Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well, Florida is also a state where legislators made it illegal last year to call yourself and engineer unless you are a licensed professional engineer. So all you MCSEs in FL better drop those initials after your name.

(1) A person may not:

(a) Practice engineering unless the person is licensed under this chapter;

(b) Use the name or title "professional engineer" or any other title, designation, words, letters, abbreviations, or device tending to indicate that such person holds an active license as an engineer when the person is not licensed under this chapter, including, but not limited to, the following titles: "agricultural engineer," "air-conditioning engineer," "architectural engineer," "building engineer," "chemical engineer," "civil engineer," "control systems engineer," "electrical engineer," "environmental engineer," "fire protection engineer," "industrial engineer," "manufacturing engineer," "mechanical engineer," "metallurgical engineer," "mining engineer," "minerals engineer," "marine engineer," "nuclear engineer," "petroleum engineer," "plumbing engineer," "structural engineer," "transportation engineer," "software engineer," "computer hardware engineer," or "systems engineer"; (471.031 F.S.)

Oh and if you violate this law...it's a 1st degree misdemeanor! That's just one step below a felony.
Old 03-05-2003, 10:35 AM

Just checked my name card and there is no "Engineer" on it...wheew...that was close.
Old 03-05-2003, 11:01 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by negcamber
[B]Well, Florida is also a state where legislators made it illegal last year to call yourself and engineer unless you are a licensed professional engineer.
Old 03-05-2003, 11:06 AM

That is just a BS ticket to break up people from hanging around in the parking lot with their cars.

Quick Reply: Ticket for WATCHING Street Races