S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.
View Poll Results: Do you think there is an age to get out of Street Racing/Car Scene?
Yes
20.00%
No
80.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Is there an age limit on the car scene

Old 01-27-2010, 07:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Is there an age limit on the car scene

I just turned 24 and I have been wondering am I getting too old for the whole car scene, I have moved away from everything I know and I miss the life style. I miss all my friends, meets, and street racing on the weekends.

I worry that I am getting too old for all the street racing, and local meets. I'm just curious to see how others feel, do you find yourself being on the peak of the age group of people you hang out with? I used to be the youngster, now I seem to be older than everyone I know that still races.

Granted 24 is not old by any means, I just wanted input?
Old 01-27-2010, 07:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i think the old dudes, like the 40-50 year olds, are getting too old to go to the local street races or whatever

i'm 25 and don't like to go to meets with high schoolers cuz they are all ricers, but if that's what you are in to, do it
Old 01-27-2010, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by DFWs2k,Jan 27 2010, 08:24 PM
don't like to go to meets with high schoolers cuz they are all ricers

even though your comment was funny, i think you're stereotyping. not all high school kids are ricers from my experience, more like jdm whores.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:31 PM

eh, maybe the highschoolers in your area are different, here they are all ricers
Old 01-27-2010, 07:41 PM
Former Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by King_,Jan 27 2010, 08:22 PM
I just turned 24 and I have been wondering am I getting too old for the whole car scene, I have moved away from everything I know and I miss the life style. I miss all my friends, meets, and street racing on the weekends.

I worry that I am getting too old for all the street racing, and local meets. I'm just curious to see how others feel, do you find yourself being on the peak of the age group of people you hang out with? I used to be the youngster, now I seem to be older than everyone I know that still races.

Granted 24 is not old by any means, I just wanted input?
You know, you can do this legally in autocross or track days with your local car club.

And you'll meet pretty great people who actually know how to drive.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by CKit,Jan 28 2010, 12:41 AM
You know, you can do this legally in autocross or track days with your local car club.

And you'll meet pretty great people who actually know how to drive.
While this is true, I just moved to Delaware, and the scene here seems to be NON existent
Old 01-28-2010, 08:25 AM

Street Racing is pretty stupid so it's never too soon to try and stop doing that. I know we're all only human and sometimes we do things against our better judgement but it really is not worth the risks.

As to the car scene as a whole, no I don't think there is an age to get out. If you still love it and enjoy then keep doing it, it doesn't matter if you are 18 or 85. I've gone to car meets where there were people twice my age (i'm 24 as well), or more, and everyone still had fun.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:37 AM

I'm also 24, and I'll still go to meetups and such. When it comes to imports, this area is pretty dry (almost every import around here that has been modified is completely riced out, and the people that own them think they could smoke my S) so I just try to stick to the S meetups in this region if I can make it to them. People around here never ask me to race (even the ones that think they can smoke me, go figure) but if someone did, I'd consider it. I'd rather race legally, though.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:44 AM

I am one of those OLD people and still love to hang around with car people.
Street races are for idiots, so out there-will autox or HPDE
Meets are great if they are focused around the cars and people who enjoy them.
So nope age is not a player in this game.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:50 AM

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Nope no age limit, come to next years Mid Winter Gathering in DelVal and see if that questions still needs to be answered. I would say that the ages at that meet ranged from 18-80.

Quick Reply: Is there an age limit on the car scene