S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Suprising outcome vs a turbo car

Old 06-02-2012, 09:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suprising outcome vs a turbo car

So I was driving home on Obt just chilling going the speed limit when I see a black car coming up on my tail really fast so I ignore it, no point of street racing and possible being caught by a cop or something. So I come up to a red light and notice he's two cars behind me and reving the hell out of his car. Light turns green he jumps in the turning lane and floors it to get next to me. I try not to pay attention cause my wife was in the car and I knew he wanted to race. I keep doing the speed limit and trying to ignore this guy but he kept swerving into my lane and dropping gears and messing with me knowing he's gonna win cause his Jetta was turbo and im stock, I look over as I hear him honk as in suprise cause I didnt know I agreed to this race but he honks I drop down to secong gear as he takes off and right away this guy isnt pulling at all he had about a fender on me. I shift to third as I heard "Pssssssst" but nothing happening I caught up and was getting closer and closer and right as Im about to pass him he shuts down...WTF LOL...he lowers his window and says to me "You werent expecting that? Were you?" and im a nice guy so I say "No" cause honestly his jetta looked mean and sounded even meaner so I was expecting for him to kill me, I could've been a dick and said "Im stock and you couldnt even pull on me and as im about to pass you you shut down" lol My wife laughed as we pull on to another road expecting his car to do the same. We went our way and I guess a lose is a lose lol she said she thinks I won but still made fun of me the rest of the way home saying how she would've won cause shes a 350z girl and all she ever talks about is how her 350z is amazing lol...Still trying to get her to buy a S2000
Old 06-02-2012, 10:24 AM

Gotta love VTEC!!!
Old 06-02-2012, 01:09 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I giggle when jettas want to run. Especially from a roll
Old 06-02-2012, 05:21 PM

cool story
Old 06-03-2012, 11:50 AM

my buddy has a 1.8t chipped, turboback exhaust and intake ... i put bus lengths on him with my I/H/E 4.77 ap1 ... not joking, literal bus lengths
Old 06-05-2012, 01:20 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CLEANs2000
my buddy has a 1.8t chipped, turboback exhaust and intake ... i put bus lengths on him with my I/H/E 4.77 ap1 ... not joking, literal bus lengths

i put walmarts on em1's xD
Old 06-05-2012, 04:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

at racing a jetta. Need to step up to the big leagues man. Your not in a civic anymore. Get some boost and start hunting V8's.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:38 PM

So I was drinving home from work and ended up meeting up with this light and tried to get him to go again and he just backed off
Old 06-05-2012, 10:45 PM

Its not like I wanted to race the guy he was just acting like a dick
Old 06-06-2012, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by japhethwar
at racing a jetta. Need to step up to the big leagues man. Your not in a civic anymore. Get some boost and start hunting V8's.

I never had a Civic btw my first car was a 98 Corvette

Quick Reply: Suprising outcome vs a turbo car