S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Supra vs. WS-6 vs. Z28(State Trooper)

Old 10-08-2001, 02:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SupraQuick
[B]
Steve C- chill out man dont take sh*t so literally i am very wel educated for driving at high speeds.. the only reason im not racing formuls 400 right now is because 75% of our crew is in the armed forces.. i know what im doing and if i thought i was gonna to directly indanger someones life by this i would have taken proper precautions
Old 10-08-2001, 03:15 AM

cop cop cop , i love cop yehhh and i love to play with hem
Old 10-08-2001, 08:43 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kuwait_S2000
[B]cop
Old 10-08-2001, 10:05 AM

Sebring Silver, chill out man, and stop acting like a parent!

SupraQuick, I totally agree that you know exactly what you are doing, and I think alot us have control of our cars too. The only thing that sucks is that when you go that fast on a puclic road, it's the other people that make mistakes, not you. But you going that fast, a mistake can be costly!

I agree with you though, I probably would have done it too!
Old 10-08-2001, 11:01 AM

I'd be a hypocrite to say anything bad about driving at those speeds. It doesn't seem like he's doing it everyday, he was in an extreme circumstance in which there may have been a 5% chance of something terrible happening on the road that was unforseeable, he was willing to chance those extremely low odds in order for his life not to go down a bad route. I probably would have done the same if traffic was light and i saw no danger.
Old 10-08-2001, 11:06 AM
S2R

I rarely drive like that, but I will get into triple digits every once in awhile. I agree it's hella dangerous, cuz getting caught or crashing is always a possiblity.
Old 10-08-2001, 11:49 AM

Pappy,

.......I am a Parent! ..and those could have been my kids, or you or your friends kids in that light traffic on their way to the beach on a Saturday morning. I stand by my post, I think his behavior was juvenile, reckless and stupid.
The people who post on this forum love cars and I along with others are guilty of excessive speed when driving the kind of cars we love. However, to avoid the consequences for his own actions, he placed innocent people at risk. That is wrong.

"Drive Fast.... When you see blue lights... Drive faster" (new moto after today)
... And to sound even more paternal, Supra Quick should forget racing school and finish school, so he can learn to spell and then not have to live by a moto
Old 10-08-2001, 06:39 PM

Sebring- sorry to bust your bubble and all but hey... everyone makes a few typos when they are on the computer alot but thanks for being my 2nd father....
To everyone else including expander (Sorry about all that shit) thanks for thinking of it in terms of what you would have done instead of always looking at the downside of things... BTW i'd like to see pics of all the peeps cars who posted on this thread... later

~Matt~
Old 10-09-2001, 01:35 PM

145 isn't that fast for public streets... hell state troopers will top over 130 mph to catch up to someone running 15mph over the limit. I ride sportbikes... Sportbikes get up to 145 VERY quickly in a VERY short distance. There is little danger running a sportbike (or a BPU+++ SUPRA) up to 145 mph. The only trump card are the other drivers. When I decide to "get my speed on", I do it where I KNOW that I don't put others or myself in danger. If I pass a car, doubling their speed, I do it at the edge of the lane so even if they did move over I and it was too late to brake, I could easily go right around them with little thought. Sportbikes are OH SO rediculously stable and easy to control at those speeds... Some people say that riding a Hayabusa at 180 mph feels like crusing at 90 mph in a honda civic. With the correct conditions, you could ride 140 all day...
Old 10-10-2001, 06:36 PM

highest i ever dared going on a pretty long public road was 140 and that was in a rolling race vs some crx, over kill but iguess thats what little crx's with acura engines deserve. heh

Quick Reply: Supra vs. WS-6 vs. Z28(State Trooper)