S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Supra vs. WS-6 vs. Z28(State Trooper)

Old 10-06-2001, 10:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supra vs. WS-6 vs. Z28(State Trooper)

It was 10:10 or so EST this morning and I was on "278" with a buddy of mine... We were headed out to Savanah GA to go to an audio shop to pick up my new in-dash TV(Which is sooooooo tight ) and his subs... so we roll up to the last light before the "Cross island expressway" and Eric starts revving his engine and thats my signal that he wants to race so i revv mine and the light hits green and we haul @$$... so immediatly i pull like 2 or 3 on him and we get up twords the bridge and at the top of the bridge i was doing about 125 or so and eric was close behind me i look out in front at the bottom of the bridge and see a state trooper Z28 and i mash the brakes.. we both slow down to the speed limit and get up twords the toll booth and i saw him get on the off ramp so i figured the coast was clear and we hit it again and as soon as i got over the top of the overpass my friend next to me yells "HOLY SH*T! State Trooper!!!!" and at the same time my detector goes crazy and the cop (who was gonna turn off ) turned his blinker off and came after us .. he hits the on ramp and by the time he was completely on the highway i had about a 1/4 mile on him and eric was just behind me... we had to navigate light traffic but i was swerving in and out to get away and finally eric slows down and the cop gets right on his ass and all of a sudden he turns on his lights and dips in to the other lane (Giving eric a heart attack) and comes after me . i get a call from eric on my cell phone and he told me that the cop was coming.. so i panic.. i was only going like 90 or so earlier but i saw his car weave in and out of traffic so i dropped it in to 4th and gave it all it had.. i started to even off @145 or so and i couldnt see the cop anymore so i started to slow down alittle and i got another call from eric telling me that the same cop was on his a$$ again!! He had pulled over and waited for him or some thing. The cop later dipped of the freeway and we finally made it to our destination and picked up the gear. which be the way .. my TV is the kenwood KVT-910DVD touchscreen pop out tv.. it is by far the most amazing thing i have ever seen. BTW the cop never got close enough to see what the plate # was and or type of car i was driving unless he's a car maniac... i had some guy ask me if it was a ferrari one time and i was like "It's a Toyota" and he was like "What????" hahah anyway sorry its so long but i figured id share it with all of you it scared the piss outta me im still shaky it happend this morning at like 10:15 or so .. later
Old 10-06-2001, 12:56 PM

Would you have done the same thing in my position... tell me your opinions....
Old 10-06-2001, 01:07 PM
S2R

So your friend got a ticket? Damn dude, you would have been in serious trouble if he caught you. Don't you know they can call for backup as well as helicopter patrol? Good story though.
Old 10-06-2001, 01:53 PM

No my friend didnt get a ticket the cop just rode his ass for a while and i think he got his plate mumber. I really dont understand why there werent more cops there but her im just glad i got away ... BTW NICE CAR! i love the interior.. or what i can see of it ... what kind of seats.. i was thinking about going with Sparco Toreno's but im not sure yet mine are kinda comfy.. and also how do i get pics down ther like yours? Thanks for the reply
Old 10-06-2001, 04:39 PM

i've had two encounters like that.. its not fun at all.. ticket, towing, jail, insurance, crash n' burn.., and fear of that knock on the door at 5am.. all running through your mind.. it sucks.

i've had that mistaken idenity thing happen alot too.. haha.. discount tire put my car down as a BMW s2000.. anyway man.. get a Valintine 1 radar detector or good detector.. mine has saved my ass so many times i've only had it like a month.
Old 10-06-2001, 05:10 PM
S2R

Originally posted by SupraQuick
No my friend didnt get a ticket the cop just rode his ass for a while and i think he got his plate mumber. I really dont understand why there werent more cops there but her im just glad i got away ... BTW NICE CAR! i love the interior.. or what i can see of it ... what kind of seats.. i was thinking about going with Sparco Toreno's but im not sure yet mine are kinda comfy.. and also how do i get pics down ther like yours? Thanks for the reply
Thanks. The interior is pretty stock actually. I have the leather center cover and the Mugen S1 seat and that's it.

For pics, all you do is click the "IMG" button when you're posting and it'll ask you for a link. Then go ahead and put the link of the pic in the pop up box. Afterwards, cut and paste what appears on the screen onto your signature box. Or you can just type "[ IMG]your link here[/ IMG]" in your sig box. Btw, no space in front of the "IMG". I had to insert the space here so that it'll show on the screen. You can string pics together by putting the next image right after the first one with no space in between.
Old 10-06-2001, 11:07 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When I see you doing 140+ in the middle of the day on public roads hope that I don't have the time to follow you home.

Your car will never move again.
Old 10-07-2001, 01:16 AM

Be careful. I am pretty sure you weren't driving like a maniac, cause you wouldn't want to mess up your bad ass ride.
Old 10-07-2001, 02:47 AM

......That was incredibly irresponsible and reckless of you to be doing 145 MPH on a public road weaving in and out of traffic at 10 o'clock in the morning. It's not cool or sooooo tight, IT'S STUPID!!

And what are you going to do with your pop-up TV, watch The Dukes of Hazzard at 145 MPH?

Take it to the track if you want to drive like that and stay away from the rest of us!
Old 10-07-2001, 09:52 AM

S2R- Thanks man .. and again nice ride.
RedBPU- i wasnt driving recklessly i stated that there was light traffic and her light traffic means a car every150-200 feet. but your right i dont wanna mess up my bad ass ride... Racing School is the key
Steve C- chill out man dont take sh*t so literally i am very wel educated for driving at high speeds.. the only reason im not racing formuls 400 right now is because 75% of our crew is in the armed forces.. i know what im doing and if i thought i was gonna to directly indanger someones life by this i would have taken proper precautions for this.. Sorry to piss in your Corn Flakes man. BTW if you were tlaking about catching me inyou S2k id have to decide against it (NO FLAMES INTENDED) unless you have another car aside from you s2k that is classified as a sports car..
Sebring Silver- It wasnt reckless i need my car and i need my license if i lose those then i cant race and i cant drive period .. id rather take the risk on getting away then having all that taken away from me.. id think if you were in my position youd feel the same way.....

Quick Reply: Supra vs. WS-6 vs. Z28(State Trooper)