S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Street speed contest ticket :(

Old 12-23-2002, 09:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

88mph???? Estimated. no radar? 88 my ass.

Have the cop count to 15 seconds in his head (without a watch). Have somebody say 'go' (with a watch), and have somebody time him. Compare the two. There is NO way the cop will be able to count 15 seconds. Now, as speed is the measure of distance over time and since he had no accurate measure of distance to base this on, and did not have a watch, there is no way that he can HOPE to estimate your speed.

And, if the cop was looking at his watch, then he couldn't have been looking at YOU!!!

By the way, in the law enforcement firearm classes I teach, no officer can always count 15 seconds accurately the first time. When we do the best out of three, NONE of them can do it consistently. We weren't born with an internal clock to reference time.

Good luck!
Old 12-23-2002, 05:06 PM

I went to the court today and talked with a court clerk. The bail amount has not been set, she said it is mandatory that I show up in court infront of a judge. I asked for an extension and she gave me one month. I have one more month to prepare to fight for this ticket. Anyone know if the bail amount has not been set, can I use the written by declaration?
Old 12-23-2002, 05:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know about you guys, but this works great for me. Every time I've been pulled over, I've been doing something wrong, and I know it. Everytime I've been upfront and honest with the officer, and the outcome was this:

1) Squeeled the shit out of my tires in my Civic. After a quick talk with the officer, and him for some reason checking to see if my car was stolen (haha), he let me go, told me to cut it out.

2) was going 155 in a 110 (km/h) in my Civic. We had a nice talk about speeding and he cut it down to a 120 in 110 ($88.00 ticket or something)... he said he couldn't just let me go for going that fast, which I can understand.

3) was clocked going 171 (actually, 220, but for some reason I started slowing down (it was night time on the highway, cant believe I slowed down... doing that in my RSX-S. i was very polite to the officer, him and I had a nice talk, he basically said you shouldn't go this fast, its just not neccessary. he understood i had a quick little car... i still got a big fine, but he saved me from losing my licence or going to court.... 160 in a 110... $278 fine.

After all of that, I've really stopped speeding so much. On the highway I regularily stick to 122 in the 110. in town I'm 5-10 over the limit usually.

I no longer street race, I just take it to the track....

that last ticket was a real eye opener that speeding just really isn't worth the potential money it can cost. Hell, everything above doesn't even take into account photo radar tickets! (but those don't give me points on my licence).
Old 12-26-2002, 05:29 PM

Geez after all of the B.S. I've read on this post the only one who seems to have common sense seems to be koala. Attitude is everything and you can do some real stupid things and just own up to it and don't act like a d_ck and they'll let you go. Remember even if you win at the end, the cop won, he hasn't been tossing and turning at night because he's got a ticket stuck on the fridge for speeding, but you do!!