S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Street speed contest ticket :(

Old 11-28-2002, 07:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know a good traffic ticket lawyer in Southern California?
Old 11-29-2002, 02:10 AM

wow that sucks... my friend and i were doing 140 in his WRX on the freeway.. then we get off and hear sirens.... luckliy (for us) it was an ambulance.... I can assure you the adrenaline was flowing quite freely! Sorry about your ticket and good luck. My family has gotten 4 tickets (my dad 2, mom 1, and brother 1, (me = 0 *knock on wood*) all of which we have won in court.
1. Make sure you DID NOT admit to anything, as they will use that against you.
2. Look for any technicalities or procederes that the ticketing officer did not follow thru with when pullling you over, (our wonderful court system allows criminals to win when they break into houses, us lowly car enthusiasts should not have to suffer like this!!) becuase anything can be used against HIM in retrospect.

Look at the time he gave you the ticket, what he marked your race/nationality as, etc.. you can say he was discriminatory; failed to follow procedure etc.. hope any of this info helps,
TRAFFIC COPS SUCK!!!!!
Old 11-29-2002, 08:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used a guy in Torrance once, but he was a bit too expensive ($1000). You'd be better off finding out what court it will be heard in, and then find a lawyer that deals with that court. If he's more than a few miles away, the costs will go up fast because he'll charge you for drive time to get to the court, and he'll probably be going back and forth several times.

UL

Originally posted by scs2000
Anyone know a good traffic ticket lawyer in Southern California?
Old 11-29-2002, 01:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

www.ticketassassin.com.

Works like a charm.
Old 11-29-2002, 10:31 PM

Station

Have you tried using ticketassin.com?
Old 12-03-2002, 05:36 AM

Originally posted by dave22

He probably saw the Flux Capacitor flashing
That's great, I'm still laughing!
Old 12-03-2002, 09:00 AM

Originally posted by scs2000
Station

Have you tried using ticketassin.com?
I have used it on 3 different occasions. My girlfriend got 2 tickets within 3 weeks for speeding (her first ever). I fought both for her using ticketassassin. Result? 1 win, 1 loss.

A short while later, I got a ticket for an unsafe lane change. I fought it using ticketassassin and won. So I'm 2 for 3. I just got a speeding ticket and I'll be fighting it. I'll let you know the outcome.

Ticketassassin has saved us hundreds of dollars in fines and increased insurance rates. I fight any and all tickets, no matter what.
Old 12-03-2002, 05:10 PM

Station

Did the cop got you with radar or just estimated your speed?
Old 12-08-2002, 08:30 AM

Sorry...didn't see this sooner.

My GF was nailed with radar both times. Your case should be much easier to beat, since there is no way the officer could accurately tell how fast you were going.

The ticket I am currently fighting was also radar. I don't know the results yet...that's one of the downsides of a trial by declaration. But you really have nothing to lose. Just remember that. Worst case scenario...you are found guilty, and you pay the fine. The only other possible outcome is that you are found not guilty, and you are free and clear .
Old 12-09-2002, 03:29 PM

I got pulled over for racing a few months ago, both me and the Mustang GT got stopped. Funny thing is, we weren't really racing.......just started from a light fast. Well, when he was giving us our tickets he stated that he know's we weren't going over the speed limit (35mph......we probably got to about 45 though). I took mine to court (the other guy plead guilty....dumbass) and won. We didn't squeal tires, didn't go over the speed limit.......he had nothing to go on.

Quick Reply: Street speed contest ticket :(