S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Street encounter with awful consequences

Old 01-16-2003, 10:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Street encounter with awful consequences

I was left speechless.

Three car accident
Old 01-16-2003, 10:45 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

What's interesting is the reply where the guy attempts to put the blame on the van driver for not seat belting her kids in and for not getting out of the way of these idiots. No doubt she should have but seriously....
Old 01-16-2003, 11:01 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Strike
[B]What's interesting is the reply where the guy attempts to put the blame on the van driver for not seat belting her kids in and for not getting out of the way of these idiots.
Old 01-16-2003, 11:16 AM

Just an FYI for this instance...there was nowhere for the minivan to go except off the road. Racers were approaching in right lane, middle right, and middle left. Minivan was in the right lane. And the dumbass Accord driver went for the shoulder to PASS!!! Now there's a sign of intelligence - not to mention racing without a seatbelt on. This guy was fodder for Darwin, it's just a shame he took innocent lives with him. And while yes, the mother should have had her kids buckeled in (she was but her kids weren't???), blaming her isn't exactly appropriate or accurate. There would have been no accident had the Accord driven been intelligently, even if illegally.
Old 01-16-2003, 11:23 AM

What's interesting is the reply where the guy attempts to put the blame on the van driver for not seat belting her kids in and for not getting out of the way of these idiots. No doubt she should have but seriously....
Didn't see this on local news...any one know where it happened? So the blame-the-victim game continues. It's like stabbing an old lady to death and saying, "well, she had only couple of days left anyways." Any time, children are involved in a sh*t mass like this, I get very ! And since when do people need to "move over" for street racing mo* f*kers?
Old 01-16-2003, 12:16 PM

That is definetally something that shouldn't be done on public roads. I can't believe that that many people still don't wear their seatbelts.
Old 01-16-2003, 02:01 PM

Almost everyone now and again has a "street encounter", but this is one of the most horrific I have heard yet. I just feel for the mother that lost her child, its truly to late to pass blame. Here in Dallas last week I was backed up on Beltine and an 03 cobra took out a 300m and the family in it 4 total deaths. Its just what can happen when people get out of control behind the wheel. Again I must say that is horrible........Must say thanks for the author being so vivid geeez
Old 01-16-2003, 02:27 PM

well, all others things aside....

he claims he is 19, has had 4 cars already, and is waiting for a 6th, spells like a 2d grader...

makes you wonder...
Old 01-17-2003, 06:30 AM
Banned

This is a sad story. Wanna hear a really strange one? This happened in Australia Queensland :

Mum told me to drive: boy, 5, says (06 jan 03)

A FAMILY of three has been injured in a car crash after a five-year-old boy sitting on his mother's lap allegedly steered the vehicle because she was too drunk to drive.

The boy's nine-year-old brother allegedly told staff at Nambour Hospital, on Queensland's Sunshine Coast, that his mother had been drinking and wanted her youngest son to steer the car while she operated the pedals, police said.
"That's apparently what the child told the staff at the hospital," Senior Constable Dave Lonergan told AAP.

"The five-year-old was on her lap steering the car."

The car left the Bli Bli Road on the Sunshine Coast around 1.30am (AEST) yesterday, hit a tree, hurtled down an embankment and came to rest in a paddock.

Snr Const Lonergan said the 37-year-old mother and the two children were not wearing seatbelts and were thrown from the car.

Neighbours heard the vehicle crash into the paddock and called police.

The family was taken to Nambour hospital where the woman remained today in a stable condition with neck and back injuries and facial lacerations.

Blood samples have been taken to determine her blood/alcohol level.

But Snr Const Lonergan said the results were not expected for a month.

The five-year-old suffered a broken hand in the accident. His older brother sustained minor injuries.

Both have since been allowed to go home but are yet to be interviewed by Juvenile Aid Bureau officers, Snr Const Lonergan said.

Police expect to interview the boys' mother over the next few days but may have to seek the help of an interpreter as the woman reportedly speaks only limited English.

What kind of mother was that????
Old 01-17-2003, 08:53 AM

This is the reason I won't run with imports, no matter how much they bait me. They are usually young inexperienced drivers who have no idea what they are doing. I really don't race period on the street except for occassionally playing on the freeway. That usually involves short bursts of acceleration when traffic allows. If it gets crowded I just slow down.

I had an impromptu run with a Sunbeam Tiger a while back on a nearly deserted expressway. However, there was one car in the right lane--I was in the left. He had the jump on me but I was starting to reel him in and was just about even with his rear bumper. I was starting to lift because of this car to the right and assumed he would slide in behind me. He instead simply cut me off. I had to stand on my brakes to avoid him. That one lesson was enough for me.

Kevin
'91 M5