S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Stock S2000 smokes Stock Talon

Old 10-12-2002, 09:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well i went to this place where a s (tuned) and a talon (tuned) raced. the s iced it and puled off a time in the late 10s where as the talon did about 13. whoever was saying the aftermarket support for the s isnt v good is wrong cos u need some good shit in your car to make it run 10 seconds! peace out s rules
Old 10-12-2002, 09:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And you are basing the term "tuned" by what stand point? Tunning the ECU, AFC, boost controller, BISS, BOV, or what? A well tunned and built DSM can run mid 10's with no NOS. Don't believe me? here you go:

http://www.sddsm.org/pages/movies/DSM/DSM_..._10point33.mpeg
Old 10-12-2002, 11:34 AM

i wasnt sure i can't tell just from watching y can u? but the point is a well tuned s can beat a well tuned talon!!
Old 10-12-2002, 11:45 AM

Sure buddy. Keep telling yourself that. Thats why our motors have been race proven in the WRC and soon to be the Le Mans.. oh yeah just incase you didn't know, HKS is entering our motors in the le mans...in the evo ofcourse.
Old 10-12-2002, 07:55 PM

Wow, this thread has quickly degraded into a pointless penis slugging match. My turn... *unzips fly*

BoOST:
I said this in another thread, and I will repeat it here; you are a poor representative of the DSM community. Grow up.

Rich 4 S2000:
-"well i went to this place where a s (tuned) and a talon (tuned) raced."
Would this "place" be a dragstrip??

-"the s iced it and puled off a time in the late 10s"
How about some details? Who's the owner of this very quick S2K, and what setup was he using to run these impressive times?

"where as the talon did about 13."
About 13 would not be considered "(tuned)" in the DSM community. 13's is common, and can usually be accomplished with a few bolt ons and a good clutch.

"whoever was saying the aftermarket support for the s isnt v good is wrong cos u need some good shit in your car to make it run 10 seconds!"
Well then the a market for the mustang must b v good b cos U can run 10's w jus naws and sliks yo!
(Ok, I know picking on someones grammer, spelling, and puncuation, or lack thereof, is a little below the belt, but I couldn't resist)

"a well tuned s can beat a well tuned talon"
Please define "well tuned" so that I can more througly negate this statement.
Old 10-13-2002, 03:42 AM

insult?...wow. This is the first time I have been told this. But hey. I guess I should change. Sorry for the poor reprisentation of the DSM community. I guess making a point that no one really likes to hear ruffled some feathers. I have nothing against anyone, and my intentions were for pure "Entertainment Only". I am sure If I you met me in person you'd think otherwise...but hey, que sera, sera. Sorry for the inconvenience boys/girls.
Old 10-13-2002, 08:49 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by integrale
[B]

LOL...maybe YOU should reread your own posts (how about the WTF post) and really listen to yourself good...sounds pretty ricey to me.
Old 10-13-2002, 12:48 PM

listen up 90gsx firstly, no it wasnt a drag strip just a bit of like unused road. secondly, i was only watching the race i didnt see what was under the hood of tese cars. thirdly, there wasnt a big board giving the times there was just someone with a stop watch timing the race and b4 u ask no i didn see the stop watch i was only told the time by some other dude that was watching. errr also, ur a dumn shit!!!
Old 10-13-2002, 02:05 PM

Originally posted by Rich 4 S2000
listen up 90gsx firstly, no it wasnt a drag strip just a bit of like unused road. secondly, i was only watching the race i didnt see what was under the hood of tese cars. thirdly, there wasnt a big board giving the times there was just someone with a stop watch timing the race and b4 u ask no i didn see the stop watch i was only told the time by some other dude that was watching. errr also, ur a dumn shit!!!
Well that settles it. No more arguments from me; I'll let your last post stand on it's own merit.
Old 10-14-2002, 11:27 AM
S2K

Stock for stock, an S (properly driven) should be able to spank a Talon (Tubro) everytime. I raced my brother's friend who was driving a Turbo AWD Talon, with upgraded downpipe, exhaust, and increased boost. I was completely stock at the time, we went from a roll and from a stop. Both times, I came out on top...and I even had the top down during both race.

I raced him about 4 weeks ago...he thought he would up his boost even more and race me...I don't know what other mods he added on. Little did he know that since the last time we raced, I put in a Vortech SC. You should have seen the look on his face when I walked him like there was no tomorrow... After the race, we pulled over and he was like "What the hells under the hood...I thought you were still stock...you shooting NOS?!".

Quick Reply: Stock S2000 smokes Stock Talon