S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Stinking trucks

Old 10-22-2009, 02:40 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is why I love boost so much. Havnt lost to one of those truck idiots...

Hey guys, lets try to tow matresses and dressers with the S and drive through the mud and ditches!
Old 10-22-2009, 04:39 PM

Received 56 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by roy365,Oct 22 2009, 10:24 AM
Proud owner of "one of those stinkin trucks", and a S2K.

Nissan Titan. FTW.
Figured someone would chime in with that
Old 10-24-2009, 10:11 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

You have to remember that our cars aren't as fast as they used to be considering all the new cars that are out right now. Our engines are 9 years old. Yeah... back then the car was considered fast cause there was really nothing in its class that can keep up, but now there's a whole mess of cars. So... to stay competitive, you have to either get full bolt-ons + tune or just get boosted.

Everyone just needs to accept the fact that our cars (with our 9 year old technology) aren't as fast anymore in reference to the newer technology.

Andre
Old 10-26-2009, 03:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 8kGoodENuff,Oct 24 2009, 01:11 PM
You have to remember that our cars aren't as fast as they used to be considering all the new cars that are out right now. Our engines are 9 years old. Yeah... back then the car was considered fast cause there was really nothing in its class that can keep up, but now there's a whole mess of cars. So... to stay competitive, you have to either get full bolt-ons + tune or just get boosted.

Everyone just needs to accept the fact that our cars (with our 9 year old technology) aren't as fast anymore in reference to the newer technology.

Andre
Very true, but our 9 year old technology is still hanging with modern cars. Granted they actually havnt even touched us because a majority of them all are using boost, and when we use boost, then we rule the road again.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The new chevys can be got with 400+ now in the 1500, don't know the gearing options but 400+ is no joke in a regular cab shortbed.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by Kyushin,Oct 26 2009, 07:00 PM
Very true, but our 9 year old technology is still hanging with modern cars. Granted they actually havnt even touched us because a majority of them all are using boost, and when we use boost, then we rule the road again.
I agree but I'm talking more of in our price range to keep things somewhat even. I mean you have the STIs, EVOs, and 370Z that from the factory blow our stock S2ks away.

Disclaimer: I'm only talking about engine horsepower here. I'm not in any way bashing the S2k for what it is, but rather only stating the truth. When it comes to driving pleasure... there is nothing that comes close...

Andre
Old 10-27-2009, 07:02 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 8kGoodENuff,Oct 27 2009, 08:23 AM
I agree but I'm talking more of in our price range to keep things somewhat even. I mean you have the STIs, EVOs, and 370Z that from the factory blow our stock S2ks away.

Disclaimer: I'm only talking about engine horsepower here. I'm not in any way bashing the S2k for what it is, but rather only stating the truth. When it comes to driving pleasure... there is nothing that comes close...

Andre
Very true! Just imagine if Honda had kept us on par with all the updates the Z got and other cars. We would easily be in GTR range... atleast thats my wishful thinking.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by Kyushin,Oct 27 2009, 11:02 AM
Very true! Just imagine if Honda had kept us on par with all the updates the Z got and other cars. We would easily be in GTR range... atleast thats my wishful thinking.
I'm telling you... my dream for the future of the S2000 would be to outfit it with an NSX engine.

Honda already has the engine, so no money would be wasted on R&D other than probably altering the drivetrain to mate with the S2000 RWD layout. The space under the hood is already there.

Yeah... the price for an S2k would probably now go near or maybe over $40,000, but damn that would be one f**king beast to drive!!!!

Andre
Old 10-27-2009, 07:12 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 8kGoodENuff,Oct 27 2009, 10:10 AM
I'm telling you... my dream for the future of the S2000 would be to outfit it with an NSX engine.

Honda already has the engine, so no money would be wasted on R&D other than probably altering the drivetrain to mate with the S2000 RWD layout. The space under the hood is already there.

Yeah... the price for an S2k would probably now go near or maybe over $40,000, but damn that would be one f**king beast to drive!!!!

Andre
Hell ya man, I like the way you think ! NSX engine, alittle sexier redesign to the body layout, a Tuneable ECU, retractable hardtop and id easily pay 60k for this sexy beast!

All the fab companies would get a serious hard on, have you see what the NSX dudes pay for their FI systems? Comptech sells their blower for 10k + on a NSX.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Kyushin,Oct 27 2009, 07:12 AM
Hell ya man, I like the way you think ! NSX engine, alittle sexier redesign to the body layout, a Tuneable ECU, retractable hardtop and id easily pay 60k for this sexy beast!

All the fab companies would get a serious hard on, have you see what the NSX dudes pay for their FI systems? Comptech sells their blower for 10k + on a NSX.
yeah but a comptech supercharger system on an nsx puts them over 400 whp.

Quick Reply: Stinking trucks