S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Stinkin Benz

Old 02-16-2005, 05:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stinkin Benz

I'm driving home tonight and it's raining out so I'm taking it slow. I stop at a traffic light behind two cars, waiting to take a left turn. A Mercedes stops behind me only inches from hitting me. The light turns green and he honks the horn for us to go. Geez can't he wait a second, the weather is crappy. The first two cars make it through the light so he lays on the horn for me to go, while oncoming traffic is approaching. I stop, while he slams on his breaks and revs his engine. What the heck is this guys problem.
So I decide to have some fun. The light turns green again so I slowly turn left. He tries to pass me on the right so I gas it. The road I'm on (Farmington Ave. in CT) is a two lane road, but there are a lot of cars parked, so for my drive it's mainly a one lane road. I go exactly 30mph (speed limit) till he tries to pass me on the right when there is a break in parked cars. I gas it so he can't pass me.
Yes, I know I'm being an ahole, but the guy is asking for it. It goes on like this for two miles till I turn off, while he holds his horn down.
Just thought I would share some of my stress.
Old 02-16-2005, 06:07 PM

Road rage in action, from both drivers.
Old 02-16-2005, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by JSWhaler' date='Feb 16 2005, 08:34 PM
I'm driving home tonight and it's raining out so I'm taking it slow. I stop at a traffic light behind two cars, waiting to take a left turn. A Mercedes stops behind me only inches from hitting me. The light turns green and he honks the horn for us to go. Geez can't he wait a second, the weather is crappy. The first two cars make it through the light so he lays on the horn for me to go, while oncoming traffic is approaching. I stop, while he slams on his breaks and revs his engine. What the heck is this guys problem.
So I decide to have some fun. The light turns green again so I slowly turn left. He tries to pass me on the right so I gas it. The road I'm on (Farmington Ave. in CT) is a two lane road, but there are a lot of cars parked, so for my drive it's mainly a one lane road. I go exactly 30mph (speed limit) till he tries to pass me on the right when there is a break in parked cars. I gas it so he can't pass me.
Yes, I know I'm being an ahole, but the guy is asking for it. It goes on like this for two miles till I turn off, while he holds his horn down.
Just thought I would share some of my stress.
You're a DICK.

Let him pass.
Old 02-16-2005, 06:36 PM

man, even if he did pass me we're in traffic wtf
Old 02-16-2005, 06:59 PM
Banned

Don't praise yourself for driving slow in the rain if you're going to drive like a complete idiot.

Please just let him go next time so possibly a 3rd party doesn't have to be affected by darwinism.
Old 02-17-2005, 09:13 AM

I might have done the same thing cause I can be a total dick sometimes behind the wheel, but you should have let him pass, maybe his wife was at home going into labor or something, you never know.
Old 02-17-2005, 09:19 AM

haha, thats funny. its a tough situation because when im in a hurry i want people to move so i can pass; but in these situations, i usually do what he did. so who cares...nice kill. im in the west hartford area sometimes because i know a girl that goes to UHA, ive been on farmington ave.
-Chris
Old 02-17-2005, 10:50 AM

I do the same thing. If it is an emergency, throw your hazards on and I'll let you by. Other than that I give what I get... and expect the same from other drivers when I'm an ahole to them.

By far not the most intelligent thing to do, but two wrongs make it even.

Funny story, bet the guy was seriously pissed.
Old 02-17-2005, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Stw000' date='Feb 17 2005, 11:50 AM
If it is an emergency, throw your hazards on and I'll let you by.
Hazards are a signal that you're slowing or stopping, not that you need to go fast.

A flash of the brights is the signal you're looking for.
Old 02-18-2005, 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by Warren J. Dew' date='Feb 17 2005, 08:12 PM
Hazards are a signal that you're slowing or stopping, not that you need to go fast.

A flash of the brights is the signal you're looking for.
You're wrong, and I am ok with that.

A flash of the brights is when you want some one to get over politely, hazards represent that something is wrong, such as an emergency. Be it a mechanical problem and you need to slow down, or a medical emergency requiring you to break the law and speed limit. My father in law who is a major on the sherrif's department taught me to do that in a true emergency.

For example, when a dog attacked my wife and broke her jaw, and forced her to have 7 hours of emergency surgery and 225 stitches in the face and we didn't have time to wait for an ambulance due to the amount of blood she was losing. Flashing my brights wasn't going to get the message accross as to why I was pulling 130+ mph and swerving into the emergency lane down the interstate through traffic. So, I put my hazards on to let people know that it was an emergency and called 911 to let them know what was happening. Plus, driving like that I really needed both hands on the wheel rather than one for the wheel and one for flashing my brights.

Now if I am going 80 down the interstate just to get from point a to point b and some person is doing 65 or 70 in the fast lane, I flash my brights asking them to please get over.

Big difference between when you use the two.