S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

STi vs EVO on the 1/4

Old 04-02-2004, 06:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STi vs EVO on the 1/4

I took my STi yesterday for the first time....I ran a 13.3 @ 106mph....I was damn happy with my time. I have 5,200 miles and no muffler...I got to run against a C5 and against an EVO....I took both of them but the races were pretty close.

Against the C5 he just absolutely got killed at the light....I could tell he was slowly creeping on me but not enough to catch me...

Against the EVO he got me out of the hole by about 1/2 a car....a reeled him in and beat it by a couple of cars....

My third and last run was against a Z06.... no comment
Old 04-02-2004, 06:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Proof the STI is faster. The torque reeled it in.
Old 04-02-2004, 08:10 PM

STI VS EVO. I would bet on the STI with equal drivers. Seen a many of EVO's lose to cockiness.
Old 04-02-2004, 11:44 PM

i beat out an sti drive with full turboback and intake, with one passanger from a roll.. but by only one car all the way through.. and i wasn't even boosting that much more then stock..
Old 04-03-2004, 01:29 AM

Originally posted by Lanevo8
i beat out an sti drive with full turboback and intake, with one passanger from a roll.. but by only one car all the way through.. and i wasn't even boosting that much more then stock..
You didn't beat shit. Shut up! Stop having stupid dreams!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by wannabuy
STI VS EVO.
Old 04-03-2004, 01:51 AM

=1]Originally posted by Lanevo8 [/size]
i beat out an sti drive with full turboback and intake, with one passanger from a roll.. but by only one car all the way through.. and i wasn't even boosting that much more then stock.. [/QUOTE]

You had the TBE and intake or the STI did?
Old 04-03-2004, 03:27 AM

Originally posted by nevert00fast
=1]Originally posted by Lanevo8 [/size]

You had the TBE and intake or the STI did? [/QUOTE]

I surely hope it was the EVO...if that is the case, no doubt about the EVO owning....
Old 04-03-2004, 06:11 AM

i just went to the track also last weekend with my STi and ran a 13.2 at 102 mph. This was with my 18's on the car and stiffer suspension. I have nothing done to the engine. My launches and reaction times were awesome but you can that my traps are lower compared to yours Z06-killer but i still got a better time which is really making me curious to run the car again with stock setup. I think the wheels are def messing with my times once i start moving. Next time i go, i am going to takeout everything in the trunk, run my stock smaller wheels which also have stickier tires and some intercooler N20 spray. Goal is to hit 12.99 on completely stock motor. Then its time for UTEC in may with a fuel pump, modded perrin injectors, intake, TBE, and and AVO450. My ultimate goal is to make it a 11 sec daily driven full interior car on pump. I think after UTEC comes out in may, 11 sec STi's are going to be much more popular. There was a EVO their that ran a 13.1 but that was with an intake boost controller and catback not turbo back. Anyways i love both the cars and wish i could have both.
Old 04-03-2004, 07:25 AM

Originally posted by vvtli78k
i just went to the track also last weekend with my STi and ran a 13.2 at 102 mph. This was with my 18's on the car and stiffer suspension. I have nothing done to the engine. My launches and reaction times were awesome but you can that my traps are lower compared to yours Z06-killer but i still got a better time which is really making me curious to run the car again with stock setup. I think the wheels are def messing with my times once i start moving. Next time i go, i am going to takeout everything in the trunk, run my stock smaller wheels which also have stickier tires and some intercooler N20 spray. Goal is to hit 12.99 on completely stock motor. Then its time for UTEC in may with a fuel pump, modded perrin injectors, intake, TBE, and and AVO450. My ultimate goal is to make it a 11 sec daily driven full interior car on pump. I think after UTEC comes out in may, 11 sec STi's are going to be much more popular. There was a EVO their that ran a 13.1 but that was with an intake boost controller and catback not turbo back. Anyways i love both the cars and wish i could have both.
Interesting...wheels should definitely make a difference though...the stockers are like 12 lbs a pop....how much do your 18's weigh?

Angel
Old 04-03-2004, 07:55 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Purple_sky

Quick Reply: STi vs EVO on the 1/4