S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

SS Kill Story

Old 08-21-2002, 04:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

maybe u should sell your S and buy the new Cobra(42k for beef up stang no thanks).We all know the SS is a faster car then the S.Personallyi never care for the SS,my buddy has one and he selling it.
Old 08-21-2002, 04:44 PM

Originally posted by peterpan
Z06 Killar, you r gonna need mods to put the power to the ground!! Weight and traction is yo worst enemy!
I know...I might have to look at some fender modifications as my 275's on the rear might not be enough....I have seen a couple of Z's that used "astrovan" fenders (cut and weld of course) to be able to fit 17 x 11's on the rear with meaty 315's....that should hold the power....
Old 08-21-2002, 04:47 PM
STL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by nastinupe1
[B] Why do you think that dealers won't pay us but about $23,000 for a used S right now.
Old 08-21-2002, 05:01 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Z06-KILLR
[B]

I know...I might have to look at some fender modifications as my 275's on the rear might not be enough....I have seen a couple of Z's that used "astrovan"
Old 08-21-2002, 05:15 PM

what is a troll anyway? Someone who acts like they have a car and really doesn't? If you go back to the 1st page, you will see a post by the guy who beat me with the SS. Why would he post in here if he never really raced me?

And the reason why I stated the warranty issue was becasue I was looking at a 99 Corvette and a 98 Boxster along with the 2000 S. The S had less miles and was the only one that I could get a warranty on. I heard too many bad things about repairs on both the Porsche and the Corvette and decided to buy the newer, fully warrantied S2000. I liked all three cars, but it came down to which car would probably give me the least amount of problems.

Out of the 3 cars, I think that the Boxter was the best combination of power and handling, although the S2000 felt slightly better in the curves. The Corvette felt oversized and heavy but the power of that thing was pure bliss. When you drive that thing and you see an open stretch of road you can't help but to punch it and get glued to the back of your seat. The S was a very agile machine and felt great the second I slipped her on. I must admit that driving our car is like a hand in glove. I had no adjustment period. It was just all natural. The S2000 also had the best shifter abd cluch of the three. The Corvette had the best sound system and the Boxter had the best interior. The Corvette and the S2000 are a tie in looks, but the S wins out becasue you see too many damn C5's on the road every single day. The boxter looks good in the back, the front is kind of boring. The front needs an aero kit or something. So to me, the S2000 was my car of choice for many reasons. Looks, handling, price, warranty, Honda quality. The engine is way better than the one I had in the civic, but I still wish for a 6. And concerning the remark about the NSX. It's funny to me how Honda is so scared to make a 6 speed on a 6 cylinder becasue they don't want accords and CL's betting NSX's. And we all know that if the S got a 6, it could be easily modded to beat an NSX. Then how could they justify paying $90 for the car?
Old 08-21-2002, 05:35 PM
STL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by nastinupe what is a troll anyway?
Someone whose sole goal in posting, usually fictitious stories, is to stir others up.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by nastinupe [B]If you go back to the 1st page, you will see a post by the guy who beat me with the SS.
Old 08-21-2002, 06:48 PM

Originally posted by nastinupe1
Ok, I'll stop
Your like the Pink Bunny "Still Going"
Old 08-21-2002, 06:51 PM

Originally posted by jefftse

Are you really a z06-killr??
my name shoulde be: STCK Z06-KILLR.....
Old 08-21-2002, 08:29 PM

You shouldn't even bother comparing the s2k with Camaro's acceleration wise.. The 310rwhp they are rated at presently is just the beginning. With minor boltons there are craploads of 12 second cars, and with heads/cam/headers there are tons in the 11's and 10's. It's pointless.. It's not in the same class. You should check out a guy with a car by the name of Pepper, you can do a search and find the website on it probably pretty easy. It has weight reduction/heads/cam/gears/headers/stall convertor and runs 10.6 (although handling like shit) with about 4k-5k worth of mods.. Not much more than a supercharged s2k. The s2k will never be capable of doing such a thing with the stock bottom end. I also personally believe a capable driver in my Camaro with its suspension mods could give an s2000 a run for its money in the twisties. But who cares... Stock for stock the s2000 is a great car, but no matter what mods you throw on it.. It's not going to compete with a car like a Supra or Camaro when you can mod the shit ouf of them. Enjoy what you have.. Give it respect where respect is due. It is such a sweet car, and If I had my way I'd own it and one of every other badass car in the world. So you lost a race.. who cares, that guy is slower than several thousands of other people. Your car is a babe-attracting, great handling, high-revving sports car. Enjoy it while your still crazy enough to race and toy around with it.

-Josh
1999 Red Appearance M6 Camaro Z28
Strange 12 bolt rearend, 4.10 gears, Slp Catback, Whisper Lid,
Kyb shocks, Eibach Springs, Hotchkis STB, Lca's, Adjustable PHR, Torque Arm, Driveshaft Loop, Pro 5.0 Short Shifter
13.25 @ 105 no mods w/ shitty 2.3 60' time
www.geocities.com/dist0rtion_69/1325stock.mpeg
Old 08-21-2002, 08:33 PM

Not a flame....The right car for you will be coming out next fall. BMW is intoducing the new platform Z-4 this fall and the M division will surely have their models out for the '04 MY. It will have the current M-3 underpinnings, as opposed to the out going models last gen 3 series. It will have plenty of torque and horsepower (? 330-350hp./285-305 ft. lbs. ?). $$$?, maybe $50K? Try to show a little entusiasm when you're selling the S, though. They aren't for everyone. It is alot of car for the money, even at MSRP, but it takes some patience to learn to drive and learn what not to race. Contrary to my, somewhat, anti GM comments - the SS and cousin will be missed. I'd like to have an '02 SS wraped up, drained of fluids, and on jack stands as a long term investment. I think they will depreciate, slowly, for around ten years and then start rapidly climbing in value. It will surely be considered a classic and very valuable by the time I hit retirement age (I'm 31).

Quick Reply: SS Kill Story