S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Sick of the Evo Bashing

Old 08-11-2005, 05:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sick of the Evo Bashing

I find it soo funny how the S2K owners think that the S2k is a fast car. I now own a 04 stock S2K and previously owned a 03 Mitsu Evo. I know that the two cars are completly different animals, but there is really no comparison in performance(braking, acceleration, steering response, handling) all go to the Evo. Everyone on here likes to use the excuse stock vs. stock blah blah blah or fastest convertible under $33k. Honestly who cares, I have been driving my S2K as a daily driver for two months and I can't stand the thing, unless you can keep the RPMs way up the car is slow as shit. The S2K is absolutly a better looking car but it has no acceleration next to the Evo. The 03 Evo I previously owned had under $1500 worth of mods and ran 12.3@111 in the straight line and on the racetrack blew away S2Ks with full race suspension, roll cage, engine work, etc). So if anyone has a S2K that has $1500 worth of mods that runs close to that please let me know and I will shut my mouth graciously. Many of you may be thinking "why did you get rid of the Evo then" and the reason is because I felt that I was getting a little old to have a car that you could hear from a mile away, huge wing, etc. But I was wrong I should have stayed with the Evo. If any of you have ever driven a mildly to highly modified Evo you would agree that the Evo is a much more capable performance car.
Old 08-11-2005, 06:26 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

i know i shouldn't egg this guy on, but inline pro put $6k into an S2000 and ran an 11.3 in the 1/4. if you don't think the S is a capable car, you must not know much about them.

Kyle R
Old 08-11-2005, 06:41 PM
VR4

can 1500 get an s2k onto the low 12s?

6k can get them into the low 11s....so what. 6k will put an evo into the 10s or a full weight 3000GT into the mid-low 11s.

2 different animals with 2 different purposes in life. get over it.
Old 08-11-2005, 06:44 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The 03 Evo I previously owned had under $1500 worth of mods and ran 12.3@111
What mods and where is the timeslip? Those numbers don't work well together.

but there is really no comparison in performance(braking, acceleration, steering response, handling) all go to the Evo
No.

and on the racetrack blew away S2Ks with full race suspension, roll cage, engine work, etc).
100 bucks says you have never even been to a real track. Have any pictures of this low 12 running full caged EVO?

You have a small dick, we get it. Go post somewhere else now.
Old 08-11-2005, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by steve c,Aug 11 2005, 09:44 PM
What mods and where is the timeslip? Those numbers don't work well together.

No.

100 bucks says you have never even been to a real track. Have any pictures of this low 12 running full caged EVO?

You have a small dick, we get it. Go post somewhere else now.
Steve, you rock. Furthermore, owning and driving an s2k isnt just about the numbers. Its about owning a sweet, very capable,roadster at a bargain price. Its about driving down the road and not seeing one on every corner. (EVO, STI)Anyway, I can pick up more chicks in my vert. than you can in your 4 door sedan. Aw, do you here that? its the sound of another EVO owner running into his huge stupid wing!
Old 08-11-2005, 07:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, 12.3 at 111? You hit a time warp or what? 111 MPH should be a 13.0 second speed. Get your numbers straight and try the lie again on some other forum.

If you really think the Evo handles better than the S, well, you must be a crappy S driver. Could be the rear wheel drive. Lots of drivers just can't handle RWD near the limit. A man's got to know his limitations...
Old 08-11-2005, 07:31 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

haha totally agree with steve c here.

but there is really no comparison in performance(braking, acceleration, steering response, handling) all go to the Evo.
lol as steve said, you apparently have never been on a track. and auto-x? let's see. oh is that S2000's and vettes that are leading the A-stock class? where is the EVO? somewhere in the middle.....

astest convertible under $33k. Honestly who cares,
i wanted a roadster. not a 4 door sedan. so i care.

I have been driving my S2K as a daily driver for two months and I can't stand the thing, unless you can keep the RPMs way up the car is slow as shit.
I can't stand the EVO. unless you're ready to pay for a new drive train and slip the hell out of the clutch, you can't launch it for shit. who knew?

The S2K is absolutly a better looking car but it has no acceleration next to the Evo.
actually they are about even. more EVO on the bottom, more S2k on the top. but this is acceleration, which is irregardless of launch.

The 03 Evo I previously owned had under $1500 worth of mods and ran 12.3@111 in the straight line and on the racetrack blew away S2Ks with full race suspension, roll cage, engine work, etc).
if they are already parked on the side of the track because they already finished, that doesn't mean that when you go by, you blew them away.

So if anyone has a S2K that has $1500 worth of mods that runs close to that please let me know and I will shut my mouth graciously.
straightline = EVO. track = S2000.

If any of you have ever driven a mildly to highly modified Evo you would agree that the Evo is a much more capable performance car.
actually, compared to my S2000, it felt like a fat kid chasing a cupcake through the corners.

and "all this evo bashing". ok? i didn't see "all this evo bashing" in threads? interesting. but pointless. and this is in the wrong forum at best.