S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

SC S2K vs. S4 with chip and turbo upgrade...

Old 10-11-2001, 08:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SC S2K vs. S4 with chip and turbo upgrade...

Just posting this because many people have asked both me and Zerin about this. Zerin and I finally had a chance to run each other since his turbo upgrade. Zerin has a chipped S4 with K04 turbos.

Our first run started at around 20 MPH. I was about a half a car back when we both punched it, I was still in 1st. By the time we shut down (100) I had a half car-length on him. The whole time we were switching the role of who was pulling. It was really weird. I could definitely tell when Zerin was shifting, "short shifter" my butt. Something about the differences in our car's characteristics just made is go back and forth back and forth as to who was pulling, while I slowly made headway. It was very odd.

Our second run started at 70. I just dropped on Zerin with no warning. So I jumped a good two cars before he even got a chance to shift and punch it. But this time, he pulled on me pretty good. By the time we shut down at 135 he was up to my bumper and gaining. His car was pretty even with me once it got into 4th gear range before the upgrade, so this wasn't too surprising. My 2nd-3rd gear still seems to be stronger, but Zerin has yet to tune the car since the upgrade. Not bad for a yellow Taxi.
Old 10-11-2001, 09:17 PM

That Comptech SC is impressive. So are the K04s. I was thinking he'd pull on you like mad with all that money and time spent over the turbo upgrade.
Old 10-11-2001, 09:49 PM

I think they're about equal. The s2000 may have a lower power to weight ratio but also has the ragtop.

Exactly how much HP is zerin pushing?

I know that my friend's 95 nsx couldn't keep up with S4/TTr Driver from a rolling start and S4/TTr Driver has a turbo upgrade plus chip and other goodies.
Old 10-11-2001, 09:56 PM

thats suprising.. you beat him by what 1 or 2 cars before he got the new turbos?

i bet the biggest difference would be w/ the launchs.. w/ alot more power behind a AWD launch.
Old 10-11-2001, 10:19 PM

Not sure if launching would be very good for the S4 hardware with all that additional power just like you don't want to launch on the SCed S2000 too often. Roll, baby, roll.
Old 10-11-2001, 11:41 PM

Good run man, I hear Zerin's car is pretty fast!

Im sure Zerin's S4 is well in the 12's as well as your S2k. It makes me wonder if all that money and time spent into modding the S4 to that extent is worth it. As much as I love my S4, I dont think I will ever invest the time and money into upgrading the turbos. If I really wanted to go fast I would have bought the new 2002 Z06, that car runs high 11's stock !!

Different strokes for different folks I guess

Peace!
Old 10-12-2001, 06:24 AM

Originally posted by S4_dukar
...I dont think I will ever invest the time and money into upgrading the turbos...
In Z's defense, one of this stock turbos blew, and the dealership was not going to cover it due to the chip. So, this was actually an afforadble fix/upgrade.
Old 10-12-2001, 06:50 AM

Yeah..I wouldn't have done it if it hadn't been for the blown turbo. Also, it will be interesting to see how the two cars pair up once my car is tuned (Timing is about 15 degrees retarded and also set up to run on the rich side) since the program now is detuned so as not to blow anything up till the car gets to Alabama.

Wes and I will run again after that and measure results. I must say thought, it seemed that whoever got the initial jump got the win...which leads me to believe both cars are very evenly matched in power to weight, although i do have more top end.
Old 10-12-2001, 07:01 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Wesmaster
[B]... "short shifter" my butt.
Old 10-12-2001, 09:26 AM

Did you guys get to hook up with any of the C5's that were meeting? leanthuan?

Quick Reply: SC S2K vs. S4 with chip and turbo upgrade...