S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Saw something REALLY dumb

Old 07-13-2005, 10:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Saw something REALLY dumb

I was leaving the movie theater with a buddy of mine the other night (Saw Fantastic Four, thoroughly enjoyable). There is a small road leading out that ends at a major street (2 lanes each way, 6" high median in the center). At this intersection there are two left turn lanes and a turn lane light.

I'm just sitting in the right left turn lane talking about the movie with my buddy. A silver Mustang GT, brand spankin new, pulls up in the left left turn lane. I'm looking at the car a bit funny because it has the extra driving lights up front, can't decide if I like the look.

The light turns green a moment later and this guy apparently wanted to race me (Oops, he forgot to tell me!). Seeing as how we're all MAKING LEFT TURNS onto a major street I have little interest. He peels out at WOT and halfway through the turn his rear end starts to come around. I see this and immediately slow to a crawl to stay FAR away from this idiot. He shifts into second at redline, still at WOT, rear end still coming around. Clearly this is a bad idea. The rear end finishes it's trek to the front and slams full on into the median, popping the tire and sending the rear end to the opposite side of the median, sparks flying everywhere, along with numerous body pieces and plastic. I clearly saw the gas cap cover fly off.

He drives the car back over the median, fully onto our side of the street. My buddy and I look on in sheer astonishment, and amusement, at this stupidity. He proceeds to drive down the street (quite slowly at this point) and shortly discovers that something just isn't right so he throws on his hazard lights. He limps into a gas station that happens to be right ahead at the corner. I am turning right at this same corner, so as I drive by I make sure to slow and gawk.

The next day, as I drive by the same corner on my way to work, I see the car being loaded onto a flatbed and can't help but snicker at the stupidity I had witnessed.
Old 07-13-2005, 11:22 AM

Man what an idiot!....Shifting at WOT in mid corner ='s ...He doesnt deserve that car.
Old 07-13-2005, 11:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

People make mistakes sometimes. It's human nature, and it's how we learn. I'm sure we've all done something just as stupid.
Old 07-13-2005, 06:46 PM

He put on his hazards! That means he beat you! Ha ha! What did his face look like when he realized he fvck'd up his car?
Old 07-13-2005, 10:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ckcrigger,Jul 13 2005, 06:46 PM
He put on his hazards! That means he beat you! Ha ha! What did his face look like when he realized he fvck'd up his car?
Oh wow. Long time no post. Welcome back.
Old 07-14-2005, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by Ckcrigger,Jul 13 2005, 07:46 PM
Old 07-15-2005, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by YellowS2kPwr,Jul 14 2005, 12:18 AM
Oh wow. Long time no post. Welcome back.
Old 07-15-2005, 08:29 AM

that funny as hell. Even though we might have all done that in the past, not in an intersection, rather on the autox field or in a parking lot having some fun.
Old 07-16-2005, 01:11 AM

Yeah, it would hardly have been bad at all if it weren't for the nice tall median he slammed his tires into.

I saw him get out of the car absolutely freaking out. It was quite a sight.
Old 07-16-2005, 02:52 PM

what a dumbass. I probably would have stopped and see if he needed help though, sucks about his car even if he is a moron.

Quick Reply: Saw something REALLY dumb