S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

S2K VS Mustang Bullit

Old 01-18-2003 | 07:51 PM

so I get quoted on a typing error
So let me guess you took the MCAT for the hell of it?

[QUOTE]Defending my sisters virginity?? Come again!
Old 01-18-2003 | 11:50 PM

Originally posted by SpankingGT
al4t1gbundy-you forgot the 00 cobra R, It did 1.0 on the skid pad test on stock tires!!(dont go on the interior and the price)
oh crap forgot bout that..my bad. yea that car is hella wicked.
Old 01-19-2003 | 04:23 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ccarnel
[B]
Old 01-19-2003 | 08:50 AM

No i pinned you on the typical responses that I have read from you on this and other threads.
If you want to look at pathetic responses do a search on your handle...nothing but flames
Old 01-19-2003 | 06:51 PM

BTW whoever posted that the bullitt wieght that much was wrong. The scale was miscalculated, and the editors corrected their mistake in the next article.
Check MM&FF, car WITH driver weighs 3484 pounds. So yea, the DONT weigh even close to a cobra. Then, go to www.imboc.com, and check under flying bullitts, and you will see multiple bullitts in the 13.7 second range stock. In this mag. alone a beginner driver took his stock bullitt to a 14.1 second timeslip. That is most def not a great time with this car. But whoever said that its slower then a 99 GT is wrong.
So yea, this race was supposedly close, but theres no validity that the car is heavier then a cobra, or slower then a GT, and most likly would beat the s2000 in a 1/4 mile race. But in this example, the race was a block long, so whoever got first jump, which he said he did, most likly had the advantage.
Old 01-20-2003 | 09:32 AM

Originally posted by SpankingGT
Wait your are talking about a state!! I am talking about my car!! Is your car in 12's? When you get there, pay me a visit in jersey!!

Gimme a time and a place and I'll be there. Look for a gray minivan. 12's are slow buddy.
Old 01-20-2003 | 09:34 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by al4t1gbundy
[B]as far as mustangs go..sure i mean they're scary fast but besides going straight line..i doubt anyone will see any raves about the car performance, trackwise,etc. WHICH by the way determines what a true sports car is. not a damn straight line. (IMO).
Old 01-21-2003 | 02:11 PM

Originally posted by 79monte
umm, ur a whimp, dont race if ur gunna be half-assed. he woulda killed you anyway, even if you didnt "let off" like 10 times. swallow your pride and let the american car stomp your no torque wuss car.
I'm not saying that this troll is stupid or anything, but I can't help but observe that I've got a couple of warts w/ a higher I.Q.
Old 01-21-2003 | 05:13 PM

This is thread is dumb.

But I am in love with the woman in AlexF20C's avatar.
Old 01-21-2003 | 10:29 PM

Originally posted by alexf20c

Which of your beloved magazines said Mustangs can't handle the track? Lower their CG with some springs and tire/wheel combo and those things are monsters at trackdays.
well im not basing it on any magazines. maybe the latest gen stangs have improved on handling, but ive ridden my friends GT many times (the older gen) and im telling you it aint very pretty cornering. maybe its just his car. but im also basing on the fact that i do not see any stangs on any races at all. i mean i see vettes, 3-series, tegs, porsches, audi roadster, s2k, (which are obviously cars that can carve the turns) etc, that are fixed up and raced, but never any stangs. im not saying it cannot, just that it cant go toe to toe w/ the others. (which again imo are sports cars)

Quick Reply: S2K VS Mustang Bullit