S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

S2K VS Mustang Bullit

Old 01-16-2003 | 06:21 PM

Wow, so many stupid people. And so many people that cannot speak English correctly. Hey, I am more understanding to those for whom English is a 2nd language. But those of you who are native to this country and still can't speak the language (or at least can't type it), that is just shameful! Don't you realize you're only proving your own stupidity! You can't act better than someone else when you can't even speak your native language!

By the way, I did a search on google forMustang Bullitt 1/4 mile . Fastest time I saw in the first page returned was 14.082@99.484. Saw some as high as 14.8. S2000's range from mid 13's to low 14's. Considering how much of a street race involves the skill of the driver, I find nothing to call BS on this street race encounter. I do however, find ample reason to suggest some remedial schooling for some of these posters!
Old 01-16-2003 | 06:29 PM

Nice mag numbers And for hardtutame- here is a bit of info for you!! Bullit weighs much more than a GT but it has a flatter curves(torque), a better gearing!! And do your research before you post because you made yourself look stupid by saying it was lighter, which meant it had more advantage, bah, blah, blah
Old 01-16-2003 | 06:56 PM
Member (Premium)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SpankingGT
[B]
At what point in most didnt you see the sarcasm!! Oh yeah me owning the car, this is my 2nd mustang. Believe me if you dont have FI, you have no chnce in hell getting past me. And if you would like to see my shifitng skills come down to jersey, a 12 sec mustang would be happy to hand you your ass on silver platter!
Old 01-16-2003 | 07:05 PM

The bullitt doesnt weigh more then a GT. Someone tell me where this added weight comes from?? Please, i have one, and the differences between it and a GT does not add up to a "lot more". Subframes add about 40 pounds to it. The manifold is aluminum instead of plasic, so yes that could add a couple pounds. Besides that, there is no major weight added to the car. And it weights less then the 03 cobra.

Oh and for whoever said that a Bullitt should only run in the high 13's and low 14's, check this out:

http://www.bullitt5094.bullseyetechnology.com/

There are 13.7's stock there. I dont hear of a ton of stock GT's running 13.7's. So yea, this guy could have legitimatly "held even" with the bullitt, but these races were supposedly really short, which favored him. Put pulling a car on him seems a little fishy.
Old 01-16-2003 | 07:07 PM
Member (Premium)

Originally posted by SpankingGT
Nice mag numbers And for hardtutame- here is a bit of info for you!! Bullit weighs much more than a GT but it has a flatter curves(torque), a better gearing!! And do your research before you post because you made yourself look stupid by saying it was lighter, which meant it had more advantage, bah, blah, blah
Im glad you caught that, I will raise your IQ level now.

I dont feel stupid guy, I feel better now. It cant be no more stupider than your buddy ILLBURNUBULLITT's post.

I had to think that it was lighter for him to have a chance biting.

But obviously the guy had no chance being heavier, you just sank your bullit buddy...

FORD FOREVER!
Old 01-17-2003 | 04:20 AM

Ford guys, what is the deal here?? All you reply with is no way could a stock S2000 hang with a Bullit. Here's some times I've gotten off the corral.net.

14.60 @ 96.99 (2001 GT Bullitt 5 SPD - Stock)
13.88 @ 101.47 (2001 GT Bullitt 5 SPD)

Yea, definitely much faster than an S2000. If the Bullit is so much faster than a GT it must be above 100mph, 'cause it sure as hell isn't noticeably faster in the 1/4. The only significant difference to the Bullit is the gears, and we're only talking about 3.55's here. Not enough to overcome a difference in drivers.

Mustang guys, Why is this so hard to believe?? Give me some real 1/4 times from stock cars, give me HARD numbers concerning weight and hp. Not some lame "flatter torque curve" response, that could mean anything. Show me a dyno of this "flatter torque curve". Convince me. It shouldn't be hard if what you say is true, right? So far you haven't given us anything but attitude.
Old 01-17-2003 | 05:45 AM
Member (Premium)

So far you haven't given us anything but attitude.
you see, the attitude is I own a mustang and its super fast and unbeatable. Reality check...Reminds me of high school when kids thought the mustangs were the fastest cause they didnt know better

and you got some clowns here telling me they will beat me with their modded 12 second mustang. no shit I hope so...

but when you compare cars compare them stock for stock not modded vs stock.
Old 01-17-2003 | 05:57 AM

99GT, you need to put these morons in their place...

If not, I'll have to bring the minivan out of retirement. SpankingGT, you said you run 12s? Bah.

Dork.
Old 01-17-2003 | 06:09 AM

This Thread = Gay

Bullits are slow in stock form. I pulled 2-3 cars on one with my old GT. Guess what? I also pulled 2-3 cars on stock S2000's in my old GT... The 1/4 performance of each car is very similar, so one pulling on the other in a street race is probably more common than not... Some of you guys really need to grow up.
Old 01-17-2003 | 08:48 AM

Man, I beat the pants off a S2000 along time ago. More recently, Wisconsin_S2K beat me in a 1/4 mile repeatedly, but not by huge amounts. It is a driver's race either way, and if one car gets the jump, it would be very hard to pass by a car in a few blocks. I don't believe that the Bullittt is slower than a similarly equipped stock 99+ GT. I would be surprised if it were heavier than a GT by more than 50 pounds.

A few quick runs on city streets, at speeds below 70 mph, would not be a good indicator of which car is faster, just an indication of which driver got into it first. As far as we know, hardtutame let off when he saw the Bullitt gaining in his mirror. We know nothing of the other car. It could have been driven by some person with no experience, or maybe it was an auto, who knows? It is silly to think this is a valid assessment of each car's strengths and weaknesses.

Quick Reply: S2K VS Mustang Bullit