S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

S2K Vs '95 M3

Old 07-24-2003, 09:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S2K Vs '95 M3

I was at a car rally here in Yonkers tonight. Was pretty cool...lots of riced up cars all over but I pull over to the BMW section where my friends are hanging out. The BWM guys were great and praised my car all night long which put a smile on my face ear to ear.

Anyway my friend jason just got a '95 M3 and was breaking my balls ever since he got it about how he can whip my ass. After the rally was over we go on the main strip and cruise down Central Ave. We come to a light and its me and Jay along with a Mustang. The guy in the stang looks over at me and says "rip him a new one". I was like here is my chance. I never dropped the clutch before on my baby so i reved up to about 5 grand. Light turns green and i didnt pull up my foot fast enough so I didnt peel out which sucked ass...then i screwed up second gear and he easily beat me to the next light.

I pull up in the center lane and Jay in on my right and 3 series beamer is on my left. The guy in the 3 series starts cheering me on saying I can beat the M3. This time I rev to about 7.5 grand....light goes green and I drop the clutch. I put some nice spin on the tires this time and take off. Me and the 3 series were neck and neck until second when I just pulled away. Now im trying to catch Jay in his M3. He is up almost a full car ahead of me but I take it all the way to 9 grand and shift perfect. Throw it into 3rd and we are side by side. Im like "yes i can beat him!". I rev it up to 9K again which at this point put me a car length ahead so I stick out my hand and wave buh bye. At this point Im about 2 cars ahead doing about 90 when i shut it down. We pull up to the next light and i thew it in his face good. That took the wind out of his sails for the night and he finally gave respect to the S2K.

His car is stock and so is mine. He said his beamer was 240 HP so I figured I had a chance against him. Im figuring the S2k weighs a bit less which gave me the edge. All in all...a fun night
Old 07-24-2003, 09:47 PM

first of all, it's a bimmer.
Second, i have owned e36 m3, 02 s2000 and now e46 m3.
the e36 m3 is very mod friendly (especially 95 with obd1), but is not as quick as the s2000.
I raced my s2000 with a 02 bmw m3 up to 100mph and my nose was at his door. Not bad my 240 vs. his 333hp.

nice kill
Old 07-24-2003, 10:08 PM

good job.. i have a friend with that model m3, I didn't want to before, but now I wanna race him! btw, at 7.5k rpm, how much did the tires spin??
Old 07-25-2003, 04:43 AM
Banned

It all depends on the launching and shifting skills. If you're good, then you should be able to take an E36 M3 with relative ease. But if you're not, then you're screwed. From a roll, if the S is in the correct gear, it'll pull on the M3 easier than from a launch.
Old 07-25-2003, 02:23 PM

Raja, shame on you for racing "my" car. Were you racing you/your brother's M3?

I haven't gotten into any races yet with "your" car.

Tom
Old 07-25-2003, 03:29 PM

Sorry for calling a BIMMER a BEAMER. Phonetically beamer sounds more appropriate. Anyway, everything happend so fast I didnt pay attention to how much the wheels spun. It definately wasnt a prolonged spin. Just enough to make me say "wow I actually did it right." My back end didnt drift left or right..i was dead on straight.

I was confident that with a proper launch I could take him. Not bad considering I never dropped the clutch on my baby before. It was a great feeling hearing the engine keep goin and goin then finally passing him.

Cant wait till next week to hang out with the bimmer crowd again. They were so friendly and a pleasure to be around unlike those young punk ricers.
Old 07-25-2003, 03:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went neck and neck with an E36 when I was stock. From about 20 to 110. It was CLOSE. Neither of us could pull. And its not like I wasnt pushing the limits of what the car could do.
Old 07-26-2003, 11:02 AM

Yonkers .... huh..... what part maybe i can pay a visit next week after GYM since thats where I work out?
Old 07-26-2003, 07:15 PM

Yonkers - Central Ave - Nathans/Kohls parking lot. BMW's will be in nathans lot and so shall I. Hope to see you there.
Old 07-28-2003, 09:04 PM

what night matt

Quick Reply: S2K Vs '95 M3