S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

S2k vs. 350Z

Old 01-22-2006, 10:55 AM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Default S2k vs. 350Z

I saw a Z up ahead of me in traffic and tried to work my way up to him. It's a white convertible Z, with top up on a beautiful day (I don't understand some people). Since getting the S I've wanted to race one, but haven't lined up yet. Right after I get on his back bumper we both make a right hand turn onto a 3 lane road. He takes the turn slowly, waits for me to make the turn, then guns it. At that point I know he's seen me and wants some action. I stay right with him easily and we come up to a red light. There are people waiting in the 2 lanes to our left so I'm forced to stay behind him. The light turns green and he floors it. I stay on him until we've cleared the traffic to our left and I change lanes. I proceed to then pass him and pull 2-3 car lenghts on him before we both shut down about 75mph. My car is totally stock, I was amazed to have pulled like I did. I'm guessing he had to be automatic and maybe the convertible Z's are slower? Wow, what a shocker that race was. I'm sure he's still dumbfounded. Totally made my day though.

Yeah yeah, let the fly, but I swear, IT'S THE TRUTH! Maybe I'll have to start posting some of my losses to gain a little credibility...
Old 01-22-2006, 11:03 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scottrunsxc,Jan 22 2006, 11:55 AM
I saw a Z up ahead of me in traffic and tried to work my way up to him. It's a white convertible Z, with top up on a beautiful day (I don't understand some people). Since getting the S I've wanted to race one, but haven't lined up yet. Right after I get on his back bumper we both make a right hand turn onto a 3 lane road. He takes the turn slowly, waits for me to make the turn, then guns it. At that point I know he's seen me and wants some action. I stay right with him easily and we come up to a red light. There are people waiting in the 2 lanes to our left so I'm forced to stay behind him. The light turns green and he floors it. I stay on him until we've cleared the traffic to our left and I change lanes. I proceed to then pass him and pull 2-3 car lenghts on him before we both shut down about 75mph. My car is totally stock, I was amazed to have pulled like I did. I'm guessing he had to be automatic and maybe the convertible Z's are slower? Wow, what a shocker that race was. I'm sure he's still dumbfounded. Totally made my day though.

Yeah yeah, let the fly, but I swear, IT'S THE TRUTH! Maybe I'll have to start posting some of my losses to gain a little credibility...
good kill, ya those convertible's are heavier. Out come sounds right
Old 01-22-2006, 01:04 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Yup the Z convert has a lot of extra weight to stiffen up the chassic due to no roof. S2K vs 350z coupe = good race. S2K vs 350z convert = not so good
Old 01-22-2006, 01:57 PM

Yup good kill, if anyone calls BS on you then they haven't done their homework. The Z vert is a pig compared to it's hardtop brethren. They have a really nice auto tonneau feature though (that's the extent of what I like about them).
Old 01-22-2006, 04:21 PM

Nice kill, the Z convt looks horrible IMO
Old 01-22-2006, 09:45 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by cap1,Jan 22 2006, 07:21 PM
Nice kill, the Z convt looks horrible IMO
Foe sho.

It looks out of proportion. And its a fat ass too.
Old 01-22-2006, 10:57 PM

THATSSS BSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Old 01-23-2006, 01:23 AM

350z vert is 100kg heavier than coupe, I think.
Old 01-23-2006, 06:29 AM

They couldve had the traction control on too. That keeps the car sluggish. Another idea is I've heard from Z owners that the computer takes awhile to figure out if it's supposed to be acting sporty or not. If they baby the car for a week then try to race it just wont move. If they keep pushing it for a week then race they are a lot faster. I'm not saying you didn't win.....I'd assume you would....just some possible ideas.
Old 01-23-2006, 06:59 AM

true roadster = s2k, 350z is just a vert, not a very good one in my opinion. but then again i really dont like any (soft top) convertable/roadsters besides the S

Quick Reply: S2k vs. 350Z