S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

s2000 VS Neon Srt4

Old 08-07-2003, 03:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Thoe99
[B]

What is it with you and comments to threads that even mention the Evo?
Old 08-07-2003, 03:51 PM

integrate...why did you get rid of the z?
Old 08-07-2003, 04:05 PM

You're contradicting yourself again....

Originally posted by minako
Thoe99... Umm... I was commenting about the SRT-4 at first. Michael A also happened to mention that he test drove an Evo8 and said that it seemed so much faster than our cars. If you read my post carefully, I said YES the car has more power but which would he rather drive? In no way am I trying to say our car is better than the other, and I even gave praise to both cars that he was asking about...
Since he owns and S2000, I'm figuring you make that answer out to be the S2000, and therefore, hinting that the S2000 is a better car.

My point is that since you comment on most of the Evo threads on this board (mainly in the competitive nature of the Street Encounters section), it's apparent that this car seems to strike a chord in you, and it's you that's comparing the two cars.
Old 08-07-2003, 04:21 PM

Originally posted by Thoe99
You're contradicting yourself again....

Since he owns and S2000, I'm figuring you make that answer out to be the S2000, and therefore, hinting that the S2000 is a better car.

My point is that since you comment on most of the Evo threads on this board (mainly in the competitive nature of the Street Encounters section), it's apparent that this car seems to strike a chord in you, and it's you that's comparing the two cars.
How am I contradicting myself? I talked about both the SRT-4 and the Evo in that post, and I gave their respective specs. I didn't say anything derogatory to any of the cars mentioned. However, I think I shouldn't have said "you can't compare the two cars" because (as you pointed out) yes, you can compare any car with another.

But I didn't put down any of the cars, I just asked an honest question - which would you rather drive? If he says Evo or SRT-4, then he should get one of those and stop asking himself why the S2000 isn't as fast as they are. It's just a logical question to ask yourself, right? What car is going to keep him satisfied? I'm not trying to put anybody down...

I don't only comment in Street Encounters, by the way. I actually like to post more in S2000 talk and have gotten into the Bay Area community, as well. But please, Thoe99, keep in mind that I *never* try to put someone else's car down. I am assuming you drive an Evo, and that is cool. I like them because they are fast and yes, I think they can outrun my car based on their specs alone.

Also, if you notice, some people get offended if their car is beaten by an Evo or ... well, by anything else. I like to point out that the Evo has a lot going for it, and that is why it is able to outperform the S2000. I never bash on anybody else for what they drive and I certainly don't brag about my 'win'. In fact, I don't even mention it...

By the way, last time I checked I don't have any balls, much less grapefruit sized ones... which is good for me, because my boyfriend isn't homosexual.
Old 08-07-2003, 04:25 PM

Originally posted by SHIRI
Having the top down isn't a good enough excuse.

The car is just not powerful enough at high speed, simple as that.
Excuse? It's a convertible, not a hardtop so the top will be down from time to time. Having the top down at those speeds is like having to drive around with a drag chute.

This isn't to diss on the 350Z, but I'm only using it as an example of how stupid that comment was. What about your 350Z convertible that lost to the S2000 in acceleration and the 1/4 mile (albeit close, but still a loss is a loss) having being a 3.5L (a whole friggin 1.5L more plus 2 pistons) and being called a "torque monster" having over 40-rated HP over the S2000 in a very recent mag issue? Can I say "weight isn't an issue" then? See how stupid that sounded? This is how you sound SHIRI.

SHIRI, find another car, stock from the factory w/ a 4 cylinder 2.0L with NO BOOST, hard top or convertible that is even capable of reaching the speeds the S2000 can.
Old 08-07-2003, 04:28 PM

Oh yes, I forgot to mention that you are right that the Evo has struck a chord in me. If I were to buy a four door sedan, it would be at the top of my list. I used to want the STi but I think the styling of the Evo is a bit better. I wouldn't want a SRT-4 because, as I mentioned, I don't want to buy a Dodge unless I'm going to buy a truck.

At any rate, I just wanted to point out once again that I never mean to offend anybody. I'm sorry if you took my response to be a negative response to the SRT-4 or Evo. Read all my posts (if you can find them). I am probably one of the most courteous people on this board because I try to be respectful to everyone, and that even includes people who are rude to me. I figure that, in this case, you perhaps misinterpreted what I typed as being rude... but honestly, I am never like that.
Old 08-07-2003, 04:28 PM

Originally posted by minako
By the way, last time I checked I don't have any balls, much less grapefruit sized ones... which is good for me, because my boyfriend isn't homosexual.

Old 08-07-2003, 04:34 PM

You guys are way over analyzing this post.
I was just simply telling about an experience last night and it seems to have develop into some personal verbal battle.

Regardless of NA or Turbo I am definitely comparing an Evo to an SRT to an S2000 etc etc .. as far as I am concerned they are all in the same class of sports car.

Just a note .... I remember seeing this particular car (SRT4) at a body shop in Southampton I would bet that one of the employees of the shop owns it, therefore in the auto industry so it might be likely that the car was NOT stock.

Someone made a comment about the SRT4's top end being 148mph and he was definitely going much faster than that.
Old 08-07-2003, 04:39 PM

Michael A - I think CutieBonny mentioned that the factory specs are way understated, so it could be possible that the top speed is also understated. But it would also make sense if it's been to a speed shop or something, as well.

Sorry to hijack your thread with my attempt to defend myself against unkind words (when none on my side were delivered).

So would you rather get a SRT-4 or Evo and trade the S2000 in? Just curious because I noticed you have owned quite a few great cars in your lifetime. As mentioned before, I think I'd rather take the Evo over the SRT-4
Old 08-07-2003, 04:40 PM

those cars are BS... I ran one at LACR a 1/4 track which is at a high elevation with a fried diff and no tires and i was pulling consistant 14.90...s and the srt4 was pulling mid 15s.

Quick Reply: s2000 VS Neon Srt4