S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

S2000 vs Elise

Old 08-30-2005, 09:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wisconsin S2k,Aug 29 2005, 08:50 PM
they trap in the 108 area if i'm not mistaken. i dont see a stock S2000 winning from a freeway roll either.
But you are indeed mistaken. It generally traps 102 mph, which is still higher than an S2K. But above 110 mph, it loses steam quickly.
Old 08-30-2005, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by HvRRZ,Aug 30 2005, 10:45 AM
The only reason thy are so fast is because of there weight, but at higher speeds the weight of the car does not effect it's performence much. I may still have a slight advantage, but it's probably only getting around 140-150whp stock, while stock s2k's get from 205-210whp. I'd still lik to see what happens.
huh? The weight of a car is going to effect its performance no matter what the speed. You are still putting down x amount of horses with x amount of weight. Now off the line the inertia you have to overcome is less with a lower weight car so the advantage could be heightened there, but overall less weight is always an advantage no matter what speed (now the low hp would be more of a weakening factor)
Old 08-31-2005, 12:41 PM

Well, for starters, if you run into a yellow one in San Diego with a girl driving it, race her. She has no idea what she's doing!!

That said, I've driven the Elise myself. That is a fun car. It's the car you wish your best friend has, because for $40K, that's a lot of dough for a street legal go kart. If you have never seen the interior of an Elise, you're in for a big surprise! It makes an S2000 feel like a luxury car. The footwells and floor board are all aluminum and it narrows down so that there's only just enough room for your feet side by side on the pedals. You actually have to aim your legs slightly into the center of the car because you can't really straighten them out. But, I regress....

The Elise is fast. It will run the quarter mile in very low 13's at 103, but they're geared very short. Stock for stock, the elise will get an S every time with the S just able to keep up under certain track conditions. As for the real world, get an intake/exhaust/tune/4.57's and you'll be able to match it (if not beat it) and still have all the creature comforts an Elise doesn't have.
Old 08-31-2005, 04:36 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 00S2KFAN,Aug 30 2005, 10:56 PM
huh? The weight of a car is going to effect its performance no matter what the speed. You are still putting down x amount of horses with x amount of weight. Now off the line the inertia you have to overcome is less with a lower weight car so the advantage could be heightened there, but overall less weight is always an advantage no matter what speed (now the low hp would be more of a weakening factor)
I'm not saying that top end wieght makes no difference. I am saying that it has less of an effect on a cars performence(remember we're talking about straight line), then it does on it's initial acceleration. Yes the biggest advantage from a high speed roll would be the hp difference between the two, but what I'm saying is that the huge weight advantage(while it sill has some advanatge top end) will not help the elise as it would from the start.

Ofcourse right now it's a bunch of people just saying hat they think would happen. We really won't know until someon has an encounter or we see a vdeo of a run.
Old 08-31-2005, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by HvRRZ,Aug 31 2005, 06:36 PM
I'm not saying that top end wieght makes no difference. I am saying that it has less of an effect on a cars performence(remember we're talking about straight line), then it does on it's initial acceleration. Yes the biggest advantage from a high speed roll would be the hp difference between the two, but what I'm saying is that the huge weight advantage(while it sill has some advanatge top end) will not help the elise as it would from the start.

Ofcourse right now it's a bunch of people just saying hat they think would happen. We really won't know until someon has an encounter or we see a vdeo of a run.
gotcha...think we're on the same page

Also, so will someone just go race one already and let us know how bad/good it is?
Old 08-31-2005, 10:39 PM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by Wisconsin S2k,Aug 29 2005, 08:50 PM
they trap in the 108 area if i'm not mistaken. i dont see a stock S2000 winning from a freeway roll either.
do they trap that high? I know spider has one. I bought an exhaust off him and he had an elise with the s2k as his daily. He was talking about supercharging the motor. I dunno if he meant trd or aftermarket.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm going to try to set up a race with one. I'm interested in the outcome too.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:57 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by YellowS2kPwr,Sep 1 2005, 09:25 AM
good luck, and try to get i on film if you can Yellow
Old 09-01-2005, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by YellowS2kPwr,Sep 1 2005, 08:25 AM
Good luck! You will needed and film it please.
Old 09-01-2005, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by HvRRZ,Aug 30 2005, 08:45 AM
The only reason thy are so fast is because of there weight, but at higher speeds the weight of the car does not effect it's performence much. I may still have a slight advantage, but it's probably only getting around 140-150whp stock, while stock s2k's get from 205-210whp. I'd still lik to see what happens.
Actually the the Toyota 2zz engine will easily put down 160-165 whp stock....mine did. With intake,exhaust, header, and tune it can easily see 180-184 whp. And most s2k's are dynoing at more of a 200-205 whp stock. Just FYI.

Quick Reply: S2000 vs Elise