S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

s2000 vs. Civic Si Coupe

Old 10-26-2004, 08:56 PM
Former Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default s2000 vs. Civic Si Coupe

Lately all I've been hearing is excuse after excuse, lie after lie at the local races. "My wastegate got stuck", "I shifted 3rd to 5th", or "I didn't get traction" . Getting lame, when I lose the other driver gets props and a thumbs up.

Couple weeks ago im chilling at the local races with my friend in my car when some guy walks up and leans in my window.

Him: "Wanna run?"
Me: "What do you got?"
Him: "Civic Si Coupe"
Me: "Whats it got?"
Him: "Engine work."
Me: "No, really? Go figure."
Him: "What are you worried about? You got an s2"
Me: "So, you could have a 10 second civic for all I know"
Him: "Naw, stock b16 w/ bolt on's and cams"
Me: "Its gotta have more than that if you think your gonna keep up."
Him: "Do you wanna race or what?"
Me: "Maybe let me know whens everyones leaving"

So he walks away and I start asking around to find out what he really has. Everyone told me that he was fast but no one wanted to tell me what he had. Then as the crowd kinda scatters throughout the parking lot a few of the guys walk up and tell me that hes swapped out to a type r (b18c5) with boltons atleast. They told me that hes really fast and I might be able to take him with a perfect launch but he will be pulling on me top end. I have raced my buddy's ITR w/ alot of bolt ons plus gears and a toda clutch setup and Its pretty much even with me pulling slightly up top so I knew I could probably hang if he wasn't on the bottle (alot of people are out here). So I made up my mind that I would race and let him know.

About an hour passes and no one is leaving so I drive up to the guy and tell him that Im going to leave unless he wants to go right now.
Him: "Hold on let me get my flagger."
His flagger follows us out (Hatch with b18c5 boltons and a 75 shot)

We make our way up to the track and like someone sent out an all cast bulletin the whole ricer crew shows up just as we are lining up. About 10 cars park at the end of the stip.

We rev it up and the flagger lets us go. I launched around 6500 with a pretty good launch and we were pretty even suprisingly until about the top of second where I started to pull away. I had him by maybe 2-3 cars at the end.

So, it wasnt too exciting and this wasn't going to be posted until 2 weeks later when he asks me to pop my hood cause "I know you either got NOS or a Supercharger." He said "I could see his ""Stock B16"" If I showed him mine." He searches my enigne bay pulling on the hoses on my aem v1 and then saying "must be direct port" and searching the throttle body. I drop my hood and the bitch doesnt wanna show me his anymore. I told him its all good Ill just pry your hood open with a crow bar. He says now that he missed second gear and wants to run again but last week got broken up and someone got arrested so I dont think it will happen. He didnt wanna race me again after I smoked him, he just kept driving and no one saw him again that night. Now all of a sudden he wants to race again probably with a bottle in the trunk. Sorry for the long post guys.
Old 10-26-2004, 09:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what a busta.............you should have kicked his ass, opened his hood and laughed in his face........

But the nice kill will do......
Old 10-26-2004, 09:10 PM
dut

- did you find out what he had? or did I not read everything?
Old 10-26-2004, 09:39 PM
Former Moderator

type with bolt ons and maybe more
Old 10-26-2004, 09:41 PM

[QUOTE]SIIK2NR Posted on Oct 27 2004, 12:10 AM
Old 10-26-2004, 09:54 PM
Former Moderator

actually alot of the guys thanked me for breaking him off a piece. They said "looks like you sent him home for the night". He had told hondas2001 that he would race him and when paul said no he said, "good, I beat an s2000 by 6 cars last time I raced one."
Old 10-26-2004, 09:59 PM

[QUOTE]9kFever Posted on Oct 27 2004, 12:54Am good, I beat an s2000 by 6 cars last time I raced one." QUOTE]

LoL Man that guy in the Type R must be some cheap crack 6 car length???
Old 10-26-2004, 10:59 PM
dut

- he needs to put that motor in a hatchback and stop bullshitting
Old 10-27-2004, 12:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dut,Oct 26 2004, 10:59 PM
- he needs to put that motor in a hatchback and stop bullshitting
Yup! My buddy Walter has a B16A2 in his project car "CRX" he's at 170 whp NA and runs 13.0 flat all day, on street tires.

Good kill btw, you showed that guy up.
Old 10-27-2004, 12:53 AM

Great kill on the rice-liAr. I don't understand why people just can't accept a loss? I hate it when they make up lame excuses or just downright lie about things. If I get blown away, I'll give the owner props and have a laugh about it...no big deal...sheesh...

Quick Reply: s2000 vs. Civic Si Coupe