S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

S2000, EVO, and skyline

Old 10-16-2005, 04:20 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default S2000, EVO, and skyline

While driving on the freeway today, I was manuevering myself through traffic when I found I had an EVO creeping up behind me. I was in the right lane, passing some cars, and the EVO eventually made its way behind me.

I got slowed down by a truck in the right lane, and the EVO moved over and sped by. I moved in behind him and started to speed back up. It was then I noticed a blue car that looked quite different and interesting in the left lane. The EVO moved over to the right, and I now saw it much clearer. A blue Skyline GTR R34.

Obviously, this was quite a rare car, so I sped up and got next to the Skyline. We found ourselves 3 wide on the freeway, S2k, EVO, R34. I gave the R34 a thumbs up, and he looked over then slowed down. Dropping to about 60, I figured he was intending to run me. The EVO, about to be blocked by a semi, was having none of this without him, so he sped up into my lane and moved back over once we passed the semi.

Starting at 60, the EVO decided to honk 3 times. I dropped it into 3rd immediately in anticipation, and the R34 took off just at the 3rd honk.

At first, no one really pulled much, except the R34 edging out slowly. Then, into 4th at 80, the EVO started to slowly fall back, and I was stopping the R34 from pulling. He had a half car on me.

Passing 100mph, the EVO was still falling back, and I was starting to creep on the skyline. Into 5th gear, and I kept pulling. The skyline eventually found himself barely a half car behind me, with the EVO 2-3 cars back. This was at 130mph when the Skyline shut down.

After that the skyline gave a thumbs up and pulled off the freeway at the next exit. Needless to say, a fun run!
Old 10-16-2005, 04:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i love when stuff like this happens, guys roll up and expect to bully the s2k. figuring they have found an average one.
and you go and they get walked. the looks on faces are priceless. i try and make this happen daily, though there is always someone faster. lates dave
Old 10-16-2005, 04:59 PM

Great run! I thought the R34 GTR would have put a good amount of car lengths on you, since they have the ATTENSA system. Don't they put 100% of the power to the rear wheels when full traction is achieved?
Old 10-16-2005, 05:40 PM

How quick is your S2000?
Old 10-16-2005, 06:18 PM

i think a properly driven skyline from a stop would beat me. from a roll, i hardly have enough R34 races to say whether this is the norm or not. i believe the R34 skyline runs mid 13's at about 104 or so?
Old 10-16-2005, 06:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^ You trap higher so I can see that happening. Also, I don't think 100% transfer of the power to the wheels is possible no matter which system they use. AWD will always suck from a roll.
Old 10-16-2005, 07:31 PM

Such a rare encounter. Nice run there.
Old 10-16-2005, 08:13 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'll be the first to call

J/k wis. Rare encounter indeed. I wish I could run a R34. Your ganna be getting a lot of people calling BS on this, funny it hasn't happened et. I remember when I posted my encounter with a R32 a while back, I was attacked left and right. I'm sure someone will say that it probably wasn't a GT-R lol. The skyline I ran into, I beat aswell. Isn't it the best feeling having actually seen these skyline's in action, let alone having to race one.

Oh and I saw a R33 today at the fontana parking lot during the indy race.
Old 10-16-2005, 08:44 PM

to be honest with you, i dont think the driver was at what i'd call 100% skill level. i mean, he is after all, shifting with the wrong hand. it was close, but unfortunately, this is my first R34 encounter, so I have nothing to gauge off of. I've had several R32 encounters, considering my friend used to own one, but that's a bit different car.
Old 10-16-2005, 11:19 PM

Oh yes...AWD sux from a roll...here we go again Tell that to my buddy in his Mach 1 from a 3rd gear roll, oh wait those are probably slow from a roll too.

Nice runs Wis...definitely not something you see everyday

Quick Reply: S2000, EVO, and skyline